Madison Scouts 2020

6 hours ago, tesmusic said:

I'd actually love to hear the corps do a take on his arrangement of Hey Jude by the Beatles. Although, pretty much anything from Don Ellis is fine with me.

His take on 'Hey Jude' was awesome. I saw him with his orchestra in the early 70's, and that was a great chart. I saw Maynard Ferguson a month or so later, and his version was amazing as well, though both 180 degrees apart conceptually.

• Like 1

They have all they need now for a successful season provided good decisions come down from the executive level.  The DCI world awaits.

• Like 3

On 2/2/2020 at 8:45 AM, wilder1966 said:

They have all they need now for a successful season provided good decisions come down from the executive level.  The DCI world awaits.

LOL

On 2/2/2020 at 7:45 AM, wilder1966 said:

This is an honest question, no sarcasm intended. In the eyes of the Madison Scout Organization what would define a successful season? If placement, what placement would they consider success? 
thinking it’s going to be difficult to move much with the recent success of Spirit, Academy and Pacific Crest.

4 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

This is an honest question, no sarcasm intended. In the eyes of the Madison Scout Organization what would define a successful season? If placement, what placement would they consider success? 
thinking it’s going to be difficult to move much with the recent success of Spirit, Academy and Pacific Crest.

Another honest question... do corps (especially non top x ones) come out and tell members what they are shooting for in placement? Was in a rebuilding corps and management did tell us but it was always realistic, but one we’d have to break our butts to attain.

must have worked as went from inactive to top 10 in 4 seasons... and top 5 3 seasons after that...

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Another honest question... do corps (especially non top x ones) come out and tell members what they are shooting for in placement? Was in a rebuilding corps and management did tell us but it was always realistic, but one we’d have to break our butts to attain.

must have worked as went from inactive to top 10 in 4 seasons... and top 5 3 seasons after that...

I remember those years. You guys came back from the dead rather nicely. 

• Thanks 1

I think at this point any spot in the finals (top 12) would be a successful season based on the recent lower placements.  If this was then followed

by once again slipping out of the top 10 or 12 would signal that the changes were not the cure.  This would then point back to the problems that

exist in management, specifically the executive level.  Everything remains to be seen for now, and I can admit to having my doubts.  I hope to be

wrong this time.  

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Long term planning really worked out... glad I was there from last at Prelims to 6th at Finals years

Edited by JimF-LowBari

5 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

til we died again...and again....then finally for good

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, wilder1966 said:

I think at this point any spot in the finals (top 12) would be a successful season based on the recent lower placements.  If this was then followed

by once again slipping out of the top 10 or 12 would signal that the changes were not the cure.  This would then point back to the problems that

exist in management, specifically the executive level.  Everything remains to be seen for now, and I can admit to having my doubts.  I hope to be

wrong this time.  

i think jumping back to top 12 may be unrealistic. the corps above them are all good.

• Like 1