Madison Scouts 2020

On 3/7/2020 at 5:45 PM, seen-it-all said:

Care to ascribe some specifics to this not-so-veiled threat? 

Certainly not a threat as you chose to suggest, but a prediction that the justice comes from the judging box.  Once it becomes evident that the

coed diversion was not a solution whatsoever, but merely a cover up, and scores are not improved from recent seasons.  The problem never was

the membership after all.  Most of us know well the problem is, and has long been the administrative staff itself.  They can run, but they cant hide

from the evidence forthcoming from the judging panel.  To some who found the entire scheme to be a fraud, this is justice.  Again, the unfortunate

victims are the hard working, high hopes recruits, many of whom have no real knowledge of what brought this on to begin with.  

• Haha 1

On 2/10/2020 at 12:51 PM, MikeD said:

Mod hat here:

Please keep the thread focus on the 2020 Scouts. Do not drag in items from a closed thread. 

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2020 at 3:48 PM, tesmusic said:

I appreciate your optimism, but as an alum tgat marched in the late 90’s, and until 2018 was nothing but a blind cheerleader post age-out, I’ve spent too many years thinking about, stressing about, and losing sleep over things because I blindly thought things would somehow improve. Since then, when I took a step back, stopped worrying about how I would be perceived from people, I can’t sit around and just be positive, when there are so many things that need to improve. I’ve been blasted by members of the admin, kicked out of Facebook groups, received texts from people I respect(ed), and watched people not willing to hold themselves and others accountable, when truthfully-some of those same individuals should be looking at themselves and those around them, and asking themselves the question of whether or not they are doing everything they must be doing for the betterment of the members and the organization.

Scott Stewart was fired for missing finals 1 time. Sal Salas was chased out for a dip in placement, yet CK is still around while missing finals 3 out of the last 4 years, an average placement of 12th, and the board gives him a rubber stamp. There is no accountability and that’s pathetic. He is inept, and so is his hand-picked BoD. 

If they improve, great, but the organization is in disarray and with the current BoD and ED, the glory days are over, and have been, and there needs to be a conscious effort and great change in many if we ever want to see this once great organization thrive again.

I always heard that Sal was cut loose because he spent $$ hiring staff.  Those were Some good corps under his leadership and it’s going to cost money.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wilder1966 said:

Certainly not a threat as you chose to suggest, but a prediction that the justice comes from the judging box.  Once it becomes evident that the

coed diversion was not a solution whatsoever, but merely a cover up, and scores are not improved from recent seasons.  The problem never was

the membership after all.  Most of us know well the problem is, and has long been the administrative staff itself.  They can run, but they cant hide

from the evidence forthcoming from the judging panel.  To some who found the entire scheme to be a fraud, this is justice.  Again, the unfortunate

victims are the hard working, high hopes recruits, many of whom have no real knowledge of what brought this on to begin with.  

Once again spot on Wilder. 

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I always heard that Sal was cut loose because he spent $$ hiring staff.  Those were Some good corps under his leadership and it’s going to cost money.

There was more to the $$ issues which I will not mention here. Others here know exactly what happened. 

On 3/7/2020 at 6:48 PM, tesmusic said:

I appreciate your optimism, but as an alum tgat marched in the late 90’s, and until 2018 was nothing but a blind cheerleader post age-out, I’ve spent too many years thinking about, stressing about, and losing sleep over things because I blindly thought things would somehow improve. Since then, when I took a step back, stopped worrying about how I would be perceived from people, I can’t sit around and just be positive, when there are so many things that need to improve. I’ve been blasted by members of the admin, kicked out of Facebook groups, received texts from people I respect(ed), and watched people not willing to hold themselves and others accountable, when truthfully-some of those same individuals should be looking at themselves and those around them, and asking themselves the question of whether or not they are doing everything they must be doing for the betterment of the members and the organization.

Scott Stewart was fired for missing finals 1 time. Sal Salas was chased out for a dip in placement, yet CK is still around while missing finals 3 out of the last 4 years, an average placement of 12th, and the board gives him a rubber stamp. There is no accountability and that’s pathetic. He is inept, and so is his hand-picked BoD. 

If they improve, great, but the organization is in disarray and with the current BoD and ED, the glory days are over, and have been, and there needs to be a conscious effort and great change in many if we ever want to see this once great organization thrive again.

You were losing sleep over drum corps post age-out? How unimportant is your job man? It's band, previous placement has no effect on placement the next year. Quit spilling your grievances on a discussion board about a season that hasn't even started. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 3/7/2020 at 7:43 PM, wilder1966 said:

To say the glory days are over is way understated, where they were over 10 years ago.  As long as the great dictator/misguided executive director remains in power,

their hold on 16th-19th place holds tight.  His board, a blundering band of misfits, phonies, and wanna bees is the most unqualified panel of losers to ever fill these 

chairs.  I wish those seats were only delegated by performance so every one of them would be removed immediately, including the grand master of failure himself,

the Executive Director.  Poetic justice will be served this summer of 2020 to this group of gross incompetents, and the effects will be rippling in the drum corp arena.

It is too bad however that so many well meaning, hard working recruits have to pay the price for the deceitful, and offensively ingenuine BOD, and executive director.

Historically, following a tyrannical leader brings negative returns, and certainly no pity.  Gee, that happened in WWII, didn't it?   

Oh my god did you just compare CK to Hitler? You genuinely just compared a man who has no power over show design or staff choices to HITLER? CK just tells the admin what money they can spend for the season and then goes about taking care of the debt Madison has accumulated since 2000.

33 minutes ago, _MadTex99 said:

You were losing sleep over drum corps post age-out? How unimportant is your job man? It's band, previous placement has no effect on placement the next year. Quit spilling your grievances on a discussion board about a season that hasn't even started. 

At least Madison fans can put Scouts and 2020 together In a post meaning MS will be on the field in 2020. Lot of us can’t say that....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1