Madison Scouts 2020

On 3/21/2020 at 10:24 AM, wilder1966 said:

Are you referring to the group formerly known as the Madison Scouts?  Yes, that band may be coming to town. The real Madison Scouts are now defunct.  This post will bring a ton of angry denial, but then again, the truth can be painful.

Yep I sure am.

I can wait one more year. I am all good with The Madison Scouts. Always have been, always will be.

This Alumni is ready for the ladies to come join us.

Looking forward to it!

Go 2021

Madison Scouts!

• Like 8

Yep, Wilder1966 is back again by popular demand!  Keeping it real for the 2021 season.  As for the 2020 season, an opportunity for the Madison Scouts to reorganize, and assess their plans. It may be just what was needed, and bring some matters to the table long overdue. A look back at their history could be a good starting point.  

7 hours ago, wilder1966 said:

Yep, Wilder1966 is back again by popular demand!  Keeping it real for the 2021 season.  As for the 2020 season, an opportunity for the Madison Scouts to reorganize, and assess their plans. It may be just what was needed, and bring some matters to the table long overdue. A look back at their history could be a good starting point.  

god please don't say malaguena or Slaughter

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Uninvited Pirates Slaughter Striped Cats for Jesus in Malaga Castle

And Malaga Castle is located in McArthur Park...  🤪

• Like 1

Ballet in Brass will always survive my cut. And if they brought back Through The Eyes Of Love (Ice Castles) I wouldn’t complain. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Ballet in Brass will always survive my cut. And if they brought back Through The Eyes Of Love (Ice Castles) I wouldn’t complain. 

Quoting myself (don’t you love it when people do that?) - etched into  my memory - 2006 DCI finals, Friday night, Madison Scouts Alumni Reunion Project - everyone in the crowd standing, and it was a big crowd, not many had left following the last corps (Cavies) performance. When they were playing Through The Eyes Of Love, my then 7 year old son, who was looking around at the crowd, asked, “Dad, why are all those old people crying?”  I don’t know if he noticed the tears in my eyes at that moment. I was choked up and couldn’t answer. But he was right. A bunch of old men sobbing like babies.  And I would do it again anytime, anyplace. Nostalgia is a powerful force. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I absolutely hate that song. Nothing to do with the Scouts. My main memory is hearing Streisand SCREAM that song a long time ago.