Madison Scouts 2020

20 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Quick question. Was checking out the Madison site and noticed the 2020 audition locations only being Indianapolis and Dallas (and video) Seems quite limited. I’m going to compare to the Cavaliers only because it’s whom I’m most familiar, but the Cavaliers have auditions in Illinois/Texas/Japan/Florida/California/Indiana/Georgia (and video).

For a corps that is in transition and needs as many auditionees as possible, wouldn’t they want to hit more regions of the states? Anyone familiar with the reasoning?

Japan? Thats ridiculous and one of the aspects of this activity today that I dislike.

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Japan? Thats ridiculous and one of the aspects of this activity today that I dislike.

You dislike talented performers from other countries performing in an 'international' competition format?  

Ok....

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

You dislike talented performers from other countries performing in an 'international' competition format?  

Ok....

He has an intense dislike for drum corps that don't solely recruit locally.

I'm assuming he also just generally hates the concept of globalization 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Ok....

2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Ok....

I didn't say that, you did. A Japan tryout session just seems like poor ROI. I mean how many kids are you really going to recruit from Japan to justify the cost of the trip? The new recruit hit rate would be much higher locally in the USA. I just think that drum corps have strayed too far from their local communities and would like to see more local effort and involvement.

Edited by FlamMan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Can we please cut the politics.

That was an economics discussion, not politics.

1 minute ago, FlamMan said:

That was an economics discussion, not politics.

You blamed an administration, correct?