Madison Scouts 2020

29 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

If the scouts fail and go down, that will be the single most devastating day in the history of this activity.

Here’s an idea. Why don’t you just call them dead already, say a little prayer and move on. Unless of course you enjoy being DCP’s biggest drama queen.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

i do agree people seem to want this to fail. not trotting out the hurt the kids line myself.

I really don’t think anyone wants the Madison Scouts to actually fail. I think the frustration with the inept executive leadership plus the board of directors failure to do anything about it is the source of frustration. If the Scouts fail, That will be the reason. Not because they went coed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, wilder1966 said:

The only thing the scoutettes will be blowing down is the scored points. It will be sad, and appropriate to bid them farewell.  In a sense, they will get what they deserve.  No sympathy here.

I am sad to see them go coed simply for the loss of the brotherhood and their all-male identity was unique and cool.  That said, we all know males and females can both be equally great at drum corps.  I predict they will likely improve over last year.  I would imagine there are some very talented females who would like to be trailblazers in the first truly coed Scouts.  It'd be interesting to see a breakdown of auditions in terms of how many girls attended. I'll forever miss the Mighty Men but would rather cheer on a coed Scouts than none at all.  Hope it works out for them.  

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I really don’t think anyone wants the Madison Scouts to actually fail. I think the frustration with the inept executive leadership plus the board of directors failure to do anything about it is the source of frustration. If the Scouts fail, That will be the reason. Not because they went coed. 

Six posts previous...

Hopefully it lasts one season, then shut it down for good.  Scores will again be pathetic.  Best for all concerned.

Mike

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Guitar1974 said:

Darn, I was going for BOTH histrionic AND sarcastic!  At least give me credit at attempting both!

...Okay now maybe that was a little overly sarcastic... 

As long as Scouts go back to blowing down the stands then I'm sound as a pound.  I truly hope it is all super awesome as DCI is reporting.  Seems a little simplistic to me given the huge controversial changes but I truly hope the best for them.  

They DID blow down the stands in 2019. 

It seems that design isn't current with the score sheet. 

If adding female members makes those current MMs and staff members more enthusiastic about the organization then they will do better. 

Besides...please...Madison and the Cavaliers aren't the only loud corps on the field from 1971-2019. (Not directed at you but some other comments on here). 

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Does it matter?

Score worse: some here will be butthurt.

Score better: some here will be butthurt.

Fold: some here will be butthurt.

In a word, FOLD.  Best thing ever.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

In a word, FOLD.  Best thing ever.

Yeah ta hell with any future members.. I want it all my way ... me... me..... me....

• Thanks 4