Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, wilder1966 said:

I think all the opinions in this thread matter to some degree, and show us just how complex this issue has become.  On 

one side, the alumni (very outspoken in many cases), and then the fans with enthusiasm, and in some cases unconvinced

about the changes in place.  This has become as big as the Madison Scouts legacy itself.  I find that its understandable 

how alumni would forever resist this change, and see where current trends in our culture influenced this change as well.

I have personally accepted what has changed knowing that this is here to stay.   My thoughts lately move to the plight of 

the Cavaliers.  Will they now find themselves under scrutiny, and a demand for the same changes?  Will the concede?  

When you consider the definition itself of  "Cavalier",  it seems obvious to me how they will respond if pressed.  

That's a big generalization that probably doesn't hold true. A few alumni post here and on public pages on Facebook. In alumni groups that are "private" you would find that most alumni there have accepted changes and support the current administration. As for the Cavaliers, they shouldn't feel any pressure to go co-ed because of decisions that a different drum corps made. It's not like the Scouts were facing pressure to do so either. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a different name for “female drum major”.   It’s “drum major”. 

I figure you guys are probably aware, but just in case. The Madison Scouts has decided to pursue classes with staff and current members throughout the summer. They are also hoping for a week or t

It's great that you use paragraphs, but I'm not sure you understand how they work.

30 minutes ago, weedyweidenthal said:

That's a big generalization that probably doesn't hold true. A few alumni post here and on public pages on Facebook. In alumni groups that are "private" you would find that most alumni there have accepted changes and support the current administration. As for the Cavaliers, they shouldn't feel any pressure to go co-ed because of decisions that a different drum corps made. It's not like the Scouts were facing pressure to do so either. 

That’s not entirely accurate. Many that have been outspoken have been kicked off alumni pages for not falling in line, or have chosen not to write because they know that CK is incapable of accepting criticism and accepting responsibility for his shortcomings, and the board to this point has simply been inept. Furthermore, after CK shut down the original alumni page, many chose not to join the new iterations, so there aren’t nearly as many in the groups, so your sample size doesn’t represent a true read.

 

Also-I, for example have no issue with going coed...I do, however have zero faith and trust in CK or this board.

Edited by tesmusic
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, weedyweidenthal said:

That's a big generalization that probably doesn't hold true. A few alumni post here and on public pages on Facebook. In alumni groups that are "private" you would find that most alumni there have accepted changes and support the current administration.

As one of the "old alumni" I'd say Weedy has nailed it on the head. As with most things on DCP or just social media in general most conversations descend into a cesspool of the same few people who love to state their opinion over & over & over .........................

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tesmusic said:

That’s not entirely accurate. Many that have been outspoken have been kicked off alumni pages for not falling in line, or have chosen not to write because they know that CK is incapable of accepting criticism and accepting responsibility for his shortcomings, and the board to this point has simply been inept. Furthermore, after CK shut down the original alumni page, many chose not to join the new iterations, so there aren’t nearly as many in the groups, so your sample size doesn’t represent a true read.

 

Also-I, for example have no issue with going coed...I do, however have zero faith and trust in CK or this board.

Based off of some of the things that have been posted and allowed to remain up, I’d assume that if you did something that moderators determines was worthy of deleting, it must have been pretty over the top. Neither Chris or Dann are moderators and those that do moderate have allowed for some very harsh criticism (which I would frequently describe as unprofessional and counterproductive to the poster’s goals) to remain posted.

In addition, I myself have emailed Chris and on occasion I have posted on the groups to voice my displeasure with various acts and decisions. I’ve never been made to feel that Chris didn’t at least consider my opinion and he’s only ever responded in a professional manner.

All that said, I hope you will consider joining one of the many other groups that are more for reminiscing about our experiences in the corps and at least remain in contact with your brothers in a more lighthearted and positive setting.

Edited by weedyweidenthal
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, weedyweidenthal said:

That's a big generalization that probably doesn't hold true. A few alumni post here and on public pages on Facebook. In alumni groups that are "private" you would find that most alumni there have accepted changes and support the current administration. As for the Cavaliers, they shouldn't feel any pressure to go co-ed because of decisions that a different drum corps made. It's not like the Scouts were facing pressure to do so either. 

Madison’s own announcement threw shade at the Cavaliers. But then again they’re generally top 6

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Madison’s own announcement threw shade at the Cavaliers. But then again they’re generally top 6

We must have a very different idea of what “throwing shade” means. I just re-read the announcement and all I see is an announcement and a few quotes from the directors, just like any other drum corps press announcement. I see no possible way you could interpret any of that as throwing shade at anyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, weedyweidenthal said:

We must have a very different idea of what “throwing shade” means. I just re-read the announcement and all I see is an announcement and a few quotes from the directors, just like any other drum corps press announcement. I see no possible way you could interpret any of that as throwing shade at anyone.

Continued pushing of inclusiveness as If doing anything but what they did was wrong 

Edited by Jeff Ream
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Continued pushing of inclusiveness as I’d doing anything but what they did was wrong 

Which article are you reading?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.