Madison Scouts 2020

1 hour ago, Angelee said:

Boy, you guys know how to welcome a new member to the family šŸ˜œ I guess knowing the history some have with admin is relevant knowledge, so Iā€™ve been continuing to lurk.Ā 
Just a note. My sonā€™s decision to audition for the Madison Scouts had zero to do with being coed or their past successes/struggles. My husband and IĀ haveĀ a ton of connections to staff members in different drum corps due to our history with the marching arts. There were so many positive comments about the staff that has been assembled with the Scouts this year. That was the only reason my son auditioned... because he was encouraged by our friends to learn from these teachers specifically. He has since watched as many MS shows he could on YouTube and has learned quite a bit of history through the returning members. My son has had an amazing high school experience with competitive success, and we are cautiously optimistic with his happiness with his experience with MS so far. Albeit, 3 camps. But he has already learned and improved so much with the staff and members in that small amount of time.
Camp is this coming weekend, and heā€™s been practicing his tail off. The members are excited about their upcoming season! šŸ’ššŸ¤āšœļø

Hey if no one gripes that means no one cares.... good luck to him and good for him that he picked up on the corps history before he even joined.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Angelee said:

Boy, you guys know how to welcome a new member to the family šŸ˜œ I guess knowing the history some have with admin is relevant knowledge, so Iā€™ve been continuing to lurk.Ā 
Just a note. My sonā€™s decision to audition for the Madison Scouts had zero to do with being coed or their past successes/struggles. My husband and IĀ haveĀ a ton of connections to staff members in different drum corps due to our history with the marching arts. There were so many positive comments about the staff that has been assembled with the Scouts this year. That was the only reason my son auditioned... because he was encouraged by our friends to learn from these teachers specifically. He has since watched as many MS shows he could on YouTube and has learned quite a bit of history through the returning members. My son has had an amazing high school experience with competitive success, and we are cautiously optimistic with his happiness with his experience with MS so far. Albeit, 3 camps. But he has already learned and improved so much with the staff and members in that small amount of time.
Camp is this coming weekend, and heā€™s been practicing his tail off. The members are excited about their upcoming season! šŸ’ššŸ¤āšœļø

i hope he has a blast!

With the "moderate Madison infusion to Rosemont" thread now forced down, I had to take my comment back here.Ā  A bit of honesty first;

over many years 2 corps were my favorite for manyĀ reasons,Ā  The Madison Scouts, and the Cavaliers.Ā  Both being historical, legendary,Ā  and

innovative.Ā  In the months this thread has run, the reality of the MS transformation has set in.Ā  Its hard to imagine what the MS may look,Ā 

and sound like, but one would expect great change.Ā  With just one last all male corp standing, I feel compelled to protect them like an endangered

species, and somewhat hope that others might form to further protect that class.Ā Ā  I know its a long way from politically correct, if there is such aĀ 

thing in this case, but I am hoping the Cavaliers bring an even higher level of greatness to the field this year, and the MS inheritance cant hurt.Ā 

Sorry if this offends some of you, but some changes just are not all that welcomed.Ā  I'm not ready for the NFL to go coed either if that helps.Ā Ā Ā 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

ā€œI had to...ā€ No you didnā€™t.Ā 

Ā 

5 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

ā€œI had to...ā€ No you didnā€™t.Ā 

No apologies here, and if you are offended in some way then have something to say about it.Ā  AĀ critique of my language and intent is pointless.Ā 

In other words, bring something to the table.Ā Ā 

18 minutes ago, wilder1966 said:

Ā 

No apologies here, and if you are offended in some way then have something to say about it.Ā  AĀ critique of my language and intent is pointless.Ā 

It was hashed out to the point of closing the other thread. If some of us do not wish to add to that it is our choice...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

It was hashed out to the point of closing the other thread. If some of us do not wish to add to that it is our choice...

I agree. Ā The last thread hashed the point all the way to oblivion. Can we move on? Most of us would like to keep the Madison Scouts 2020 thread openĀ 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

On 2/8/2020 at 12:14 PM, wilder1966 said:

HavingĀ read all of the posts in this thread from day one, its amazing how diverse the opinions can be.Ā  One issue howeverĀ 

continues to bother me, and I wondered if anyone else senses that "something about this entire issue just isn't right".Ā  ItsĀ 

the feeling you get knowing "there's a rat in the cellar".Ā  Its really just so basic at every level.Ā  Nobody could miss it.Ā Ā 

Sure.Ā  But which side is the rat?

9 hours ago, wilder1966 said:

Ā 

How about opening a general thread about this issue instead of tagging on to other threads? That way if it gets closed you donā€™t kill other discussionsĀ 

• Like 2

On 2/8/2020 at 9:56 AM, Angelee said:

Boy, you guys know how to welcome a new member to the family šŸ˜œĀ .......Ā The members are excited about their upcoming season! šŸ’ššŸ¤āšœļø

1. Welcome to DCP!!

2. How incredible for your son, & you and your husband. As a retired HS Band Director, I am curious to learn more details about what you have shared thus far;

Band starts in 6th grade in his school district, and he got to choose his beginning instrument. What did the instructors recommend? [we know what Dad wanted!] Bet he is VERY thankful you forced him to join then, look where he is now!

Obviously a successful HS program, as you have described it as wonderful, amazing, with competitive success. I'd be interested to know where this is, not necessarily by name, but locale. Does this program participate in BOA, other circuits?Ā  Too bad missing HS July camps gets looked upon negatively.............that's rough.Ā  Also would be interestedĀ in locale as far as proximity to MS Camps/home base.

You and your husband's connections to different corps....which ones?

Think it is quite an endorsement for current MS staff, that they were recommended by your knowledgeable corps connections AND that was your son's ONLY reason for auditioning there. I know I did not have that well-directed reasoning at that age............would have selected my corps participation on many other considerations.

Best of luck to him in his season, may it be the first of several!!

TIA for answering any of my curiosities.Ā 

Older Band guys have these.........