DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

good luck to all the corps competing tonight!

I have a feeling Bluecoats will jump back into first & I'm thinking Mandarins slide ahead of Cadets

Should be a fun ride - GREAT season overall! Super strong top 12.

• Like 9

After seeing the cinema screening and other video of the corps in the first week, I said that Phantom Regiment would make Finals and that Blue Devils looked to have the strongest show of the year. There were times this season when I had reason to doubt my first prediction would come to pass. The latter remains to be seen even as late as Finals day.

If Bluecoats win: when was the last time a corps was first in Prelims, fell from first in Semifinals, and then first again in Finals?

It has went by quickly.  I had a great time.  I know it’s a bittersweet few days for the kids in all the corps who realize that they’ll never do this show again with this group of people. 

Good luck to everyone.  Leave it all out there. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I second all the wonderful comments about this amazing season! I will just add a shout out to all the corps staffs who dedicate their summers to this activity and lend their passion and skills to the betterment of the MMs. 

My son is out there as a battery manager and I miss him terribly. Can't wait for him to come home so that we can have our marathon catch up chat about this season!

Good luck everyone!!! 

• Like 8

I love seeing the emotion and even tears on the faces of members at the end of a finals performance as they soak in the thunderous applause and bathe in the appreciation of thousands of standing, screaming fans. If somehow you could ask these members when they were in their 80s to rank what the happiest moments in their lives were, I bet many would put this experience high on the list. 

Congratulations to all the performers this year. Thanks for a spectacular season of drum corps. 

• Like 6

Can someone please explain how to watch tonight's stream and how much it will cost? 

I haven't gotten to see any of the shows this season but would like to watch Finals.

Thanks.

i can't believe it's finals time already. been a great season!

• Like 4

Can't believe the season is almost gone. I've only been to ONE show. Unacceptable. 

Whatever happens, it's been a year. 

Cadets, get back to being Cadets. 

Good luck to all the corps! 

• Like 4