DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

3 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Also, visual designers don't like them because they limit vertical space due to the pokey slides. This is probably why there are also some BOA powerhouses that don't march trombones at all except for features.

Would a corps even be allowed to march a full trombone line under the current rules? I'm partial to the trombone, because it was my main instrument in high school. During my senior year, we switched to only marching baritones, which had a lot of advantages, but marching trombones have a good place in my heart.

Half the guard on flags now, and that is also very visually striking.

Just now, Dpsouthern81 said:

Love the rifle in the mouth work. Definitely out of the box. 

There's a bit later where they line up the props on side A and sit on them drop the rifles, catch them with their feet and hold them for the other line down on the field to take as they catch the rifles that line has tossed up to them.  They do a LOT of nifty tricks with rifles. 

Just now, jasgre2000 said:

Would a corps even be allowed to march a full trombone line under the current rules? I'm partial to the trombone, because it was my main instrument in high school. During my senior year, we switched to only marching baritones, which had a lot of advantages, but marching trombones have a good place in my heart.

Mandarins did last season.

• Like 1

It's mostly tolerable because the Multi Cam stream does show a lot of high camera shots, but still.

Just now, KVG_DC said:

There's a bit later where they line up the props on side A and sit on them drop the rifles, catch them with their feet and hold them for the other line down on the field to take as they catch the rifles that line has tossed up to them.  They do a LOT of nifty tricks with rifles. 

Love that too. 

3 minutes ago, Rylan said:

Yes. And i have fiber internet which I just checked is working just fine. I streamed on my phone as well and it’s still choppy. Must be on Flo’s end. 

Nope, can't be.  It might be the internet going to your house from Indy.

Mine's perfect.  If it's perfect anywhere then it's getting out of the stadium cleanly.

• Like 1

I am in a perfect position for the mellos when they start Truman Sleeps. Great tone.

Just now, jasgre2000 said:

Mandarins did it last year. It's allowed, but again, most visual designers are just not fans of them due to the slides.

• Like 1