DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

6 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

The pre-show narration is from Jack London’s book of the same name, an obvious influence for this show’s design.

Aha!

Maybe that is why I keep thinking of some old fantasy movie theater commercial music when listening to this show.

• Like 1

Great backfield playing during this portion of the ballad. I always remember we would not play with enough volume and projection at the start of the season when playing backfield because it needs so much more shaping to come across to the front. Blue Stars do it well.

Just now, Jake W. said:

As much as I loved all four brasslines preceding Blue Stars, they’re bringing us a beautiful level of nuance & control we haven’t heard yet tonight. Well executed, BS! A balanced, bright, shimmering brass sound.

They have a somewhat distinctive sound with their brass.  I started noticing it develop a few years back and there's something about the brightness of it that's really nice. 

• Like 2

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

I now have a big FLOMARCHING logo in the middle of my screen.

me too, shut it off on my iMac.  Back to roku and the TV

I want to reiterate, because they’re that good: this is the first brassline tonight to really deliver on huge dynamics changes, nuances and attention to detail, and crystal clear sounds al the way down to their ppp to start the ballad. Thank you, Blue Stars. Magnificent full ensemble sounds!!!!

• Like 6

Some brass players form a human platform in front of the mountain prop, allowing another member to climb up them so he can climb up the mountain.

I keep forgetting that mountain has slides!

Also, the outfit for the horns is not the same in every section with the hoods up right now. Baritones, for example, have hooded coats. The other sections don’t.

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I now have a big FLOMARCHING logo in the middle of my screen.

Not me.  That's odd.

Oh, and again I'm getting multi cam shots -- and this time, I'm sure I'm on the high cam stream.