DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

Really enjoying this BK show. The little bit of nostalgia I felt for the 05 cadets show doesn't hurt.

• Like 1

The trumpets and mellophones side to side is a mastery of timing.

• Like 1

Just now, wvu80 said:

Finals, nice time to discuss rules you don't like. 

So how do you feel about G bugles?  You might as well give us your opinion on that too since I'm sure that's why people are tuned in on this finals thread.

You're the one commenting on the rule. 

Bb instruments are just fine. 

And with that theme in mind, the mirrors made me think o fthis:

• Like 2

What does BK need to do to move into medal contention? Seems like the music book is where it needs to be. I don't hate the visual, and I respect the minimalist use of props, but I think a change in visual design staff is what they need the most.

• Like 1

Just now, AlexL said:

Really enjoying this BK show. The little bit of nostalgia I felt for the 05 cadets show doesn't hurt.

And, in some sense, the show plays off on that. You really do remember everything, even if it’s not just the Blue Knights.

• Like 1

Blue Knights know how to tap into real human emotion and experiences like no one else.  They are able to create shows that touch on so many levels.  Reminiscent thoughts, life before death, etc.  There is just something so authentic about what they do.  It’s ethereal.  Percussion writing.....nothing else like it.  I think I finally got this show tonight.  Also, Daniel Belcher.  What a conductor, and from what I’ve heard, an incredible human being. 

Can’t believe we have six more shows to go at the quality we have already reached.........

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2