DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

I don't know what Blue Knight show is supposed to be about..... nor do I care.  It's my favorite show of the year.  There is something about their programs that's hard to explain, but it brought a tear to my eye.  Wonderful program and performance.  Can't wait to see what they bring us next year.

• Like 6

Multi-cam still gone. High cam popped off several times. Had to reboot a few times. Thanks for making me miss most of my alma mater Flo. 

1 minute ago, 27Socal said:

2019 Finals winner prediction.

Based on head to head match ups between Blue Devils and Bluecoats all season.
3 of the judges didn’t see the 2 corps in the same show at any time all season.  

So used 2 methods:
1) used an estimate which was a score at a show close to the same date from another judge in the same caption
2) used a zero point spread between corps for those 3  judges.

The results are:
method 1): Bluecoats win by 1.9
method 2): Bluecoats win by .9

Method 1 was used in prelims and semi’s with these results:
Prelims: point spread was off by .5, winner was correct
Semi’s: point spread was off by .3, winner was incorrect

Note: every judge (including best guesses for the 3) except 1 favored the Bluecoats.  Jeff was the exception.  This is the most one sided panel i can ever recall.

Let’s see what happens.

Maybe if you post it enough it will happen!

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Whoever is designing their color palettes year after year needs to stay. But yes, I think BK's visual programs have been holding the corps back 

I agree. And it is more than just design. They need better visual techs to polish the performance of the corps. There is still a lot of dirt that you don't see in corps placing higher than them.

42 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

Remember when that was every show?

I'm all for bringing back more old-fashioned percussion breaks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mc2Crown said:

Terrible issues with Flo using Raku. 5th time getting “hmm, something unexpected happened” Error message. 

I'm getting too on a FireStick (well not anymore as I shut it off).

This was my first time seeing BK (forces have conspired against me this summer...)What  great show! I love the sound of this horn line and they also move their tails off! (Seems like I’m seeing this more in the lower placing corps, which seems backwards to me.) 

• Like 2

ok, when I watch through the app, I get nothing but the marching arts companies ads.   Going through the computer tonight I've gotten this Rocket mortgage ad with the Dylan song three times in a row, then an ascics ad, two more of rocket mortgage (with Dylan) and back to marching stuff.