DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

Just now, Musicman1084 said:

If I'm being honest, I've performed a number of shows in my marching career where I look back and think "meh." No replay value. Just nostalgia from the good times.

That's all of mine. heh

2 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I still say Sam Elliot would have been THE perfect person to do all of the voice overs in BK's show.

No, that would be Morgan Freeman, hands down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

I've been on the PC the last month with Flo.  Did this Roku problem happen just tonight?

I've been of the opinion that if a feed is good anywhere then it must be good everywhere, but thanks to some info written earlier, I stand corrected.

I'd like to move my watching experience from my PC's 32" monitor  to my 65" TV next year but the comments on devices like Roku leave me in doubt.

FLO does not have enough bit depth for a high def monitor. Even on my iPad the quality is awful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skevinp said:

When you combine an emotional show with the emotion of playing your last show, your last show is going to be emotional.

BK was ALL THE FEELS.  I loved it.

• Like 4

Hoping the rumors about  a warm-up penalty are not true.  NOT ON FINALS NIGHT.  ugh.   Please be a bad rumor, please be a bad rumor!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

I have no idea what this show was about.

What was this old guy remembering??

The narration is from a short film called Ellis, starring Robert DeNiro. He is remembering when he was on Ellis Island, seeing all the immigrants coming to America. The film itself displays images of an abandoned Ellis Island hospital.

Think back to something from your youth which, years later, still affects you. Just like we do about our years marching drum corps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

At the end of the night I can give two ##### where the blue stars end. I got invited as an alum into the arc to relive the days and cried. They make me so proud

I know this feeling well, and I'm also so jealous. 

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I just want to say that BK has consistently been doing narration in their shows for a bit now and their implementation is rock solid every. single. time. 

The voices are professional, the words never are cringeworthy, and they always ADD to the show instead of take away from it. 

They are the reason why I'm completely on board with pre-recorded narration and singing

They are the only corps that does it consistently great.