DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

It took me an entire season to finally appreciate what Crown's guard was doing during the ballad, but after this performance I wouldn't change a thing.  This is the most enjoyable Crown show since E=MC2.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Crown...musically that was an awesome run.  Guard looked like their best run. There were a lot of uncharacteristic interval issues in the brass throughout the first half the show.  Nice side shot at the end of a baritone pulling the horn away from his face due to more interval issues...oops.  

Awesome run overall but I still can't help but think how much better you would be scoring if the guard truly popped out from the rest of the ensemble...this has been a major and consistent design flaw from at least 2009.

Every year I think this is gonna be my last year to follow drum corps, that all these changes have dampened my enjoyment of the activity.  Yet every year, on championship week, I find more than enough reasons to reel me back in.

So you better believe I'm ####### ####### pumped right now for next year.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kevingamin said:

Same with an 11 year old next to me in the suite.

And me sitting here at home.  Seriously, I've been on edge with that ballad all season but tonight's hit was just...everything.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Carolina Crown

3QAbC8v.jpg

GPJXkVn.jpg

lqP4ZYv.jpg

lTBFwoI.jpg

McvXiPD.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2