DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

BD's props are the best, and they have some really nice visual moments (like the circular set up in the ballad), but some parts of their show have a cluttered aesthetic that does not appeal to me. Also, while they might move and play a little more than Bloo, I feel like Bloo has more clarity in that regard -- and I did see a few times in tonight's performance when BD's lines and curves were a little out of shape.

Still, who knows? A statistical tie, overall, I think.

1 minute ago, Forevergreen said:

Ugh. I want to stay, but we got a call from our alarm company in Columbus. Pretty sure our house got broken into.😡

I HOPE it’s a false alarm.

• Like 1

Seemed like a great drum run for BD, but hard to tell on Flo.  Jeff was right in their grill all run.   He should get it right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

They did at least use to stream Awards/Scores for finals night

Yep.

There is a link up there now.

8 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Best marching run of the year for BD.

Yes it was probably the best that the Blue Devils have marched all year.  But.......................

Just now, KVG_DC said:

This.  I was there in 2000 saying "no more ties" but if I were there tonight, I'd be tempted to get people started on a 'we want ties!" 

Lol.  However, I was delighted in 2000 and 1999.  I missed 96 due to a new gig and a band camp schedule I couldn't change.  Anyway, I loved seeing the double encorsi.

Just now, year1buick said:

Top to bottom, this was one of the best Finals I’ve seen in many, many years. Bravo to all of these corps!

I agree--one of the best years of shows, and not just the Top 12! Many of the shows took it up a notch this year, e.g., Pacific Crest, Spirit, and others.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

I like Bloo's show, though I would like to see more marching in lines (old dinosaur in me)

Lines rather than curves?

• Like 1

BD iis like a well  oiled machine.  Almost too much so..  No one does it better.  The BCs show this year just has more enery for me.  Results should be interesting.

Nice shot, Ricky.

• Like 1