DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

3 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Well, they have more than they did at the beginning of the season. Also BD has a fair bit of drill. Vanguard doesn't have more than either of them!

But Crown does. However, they weren't as clean and, in my opinion, as "impactful".

I hadn't seen any performances before tonight.

Blue Devils did a fair amount of drill this show. More than Bluecoats.

However their brass didn't seem as strong as the corps around them. 

I think it can go either way but I would give the BD the nod tonight. Sucks to say it because I have never rooted for the Blue Devils to win anything ever, period, but tonight I think they were the best corps.

Brass should go to Crown

SCV percussion

Bluecoats GE

Blue Devils visual

BAC guard

Holy crap, if there were 5 different caption winners tonight, that would be awesome.

I still can't believe that I've lowered my expectations for DCI so much that I have no choice but to root for the BD to win. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, SCVContraMom said:

Totally unacceptable! I mean, it’s not like they dropped the ball during the most important event of the season...oh, wait. Yes, they did!

Luckily, mine didn’t completely die until after Bloo. But that doesn’t matter! I’ve had issues every year Flo has been doing the streaming. Including them cutting off my access in the middle of an event, saying my account was cancelled. Um, NO! Do a better job with your bookkeeping!

posted from the DrumScorps app

I started getting major issues after intermission.. I got snippets of Coats show and off and on during BD. In this day and age this is not AOL. 

1 minute ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

I hadn't seen any performances before tonight.

Blue Devils did a fair amount of drill this show. More than Bluecoats.

However their brass didn't seem as strong as the corps around them. 

I think it can go either way but I would give the BD the nod tonight. Sucks to say it because I have never rooted for the Blue Devils to win anything ever, period, but tonight I think they were the best corps.

Brass should go to Crown

SCV percussion

Bluecoats GE

Blue Devils visual

BAC guard

Holy crap, if there were 5 different caption winners tonight, that would be awesome.

I still can't believe that I've lowered my expectations for DCI so much that I have no choice but to root for the BD to win. 

Well gee, that makes me a little sad.

Just a little, but still!

1 minute ago, bluesman said:

That's my impression as well.  I think that both Bluecoats and Crown had their best performances of the season tonight.  Nothing against the California corps who performed wonderfully this evening, but not to the level that Crown and Coats did.

I agree as well. There were some issues, and I can’t believe I am saying this, with intonation with BD. It might have rubbed me because the violin was really out of tune at times. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm just going to say this.

I saw some problems in all the top shows.  Like things that shouldn't have been a problem.

....but they were all very entertaining this year, and that is really all I can ask for.

I want Bluecoats to win, and a shakeup at 3rd, or even 4th! Doesn't matter what, just for fun!

7th and 8th are pretty set in my mind.

Interesting. I saw some folks out of step in the 12-7 grouping the surprised me... 

Even 12/11 or 10/9 could flip IMO

• Like 1