DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Regardless, this wouldn't even be a discussion if DCI didn't implement this dumb rule to keep the judges on the sidelines. Jeff would've been able to freely follow the batteries and get equally good reads on everyone tonight 

You're nominated to start the first off season thread about the pros and cons of the first year of this rule.

• Like 2

Just now, George Dixon said:

they got super clean visually - Coats had some noticeable visual dirt. That was the difference IMO

came down to FEET

Hard to beat BD in that in any year 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

I'm taking down the names of everyone who said on here that they're done with DCI forever and I'm holding you to it! 

Just so you know.:whip:

I guess they are the same people who claim to move to Canada if insert name of opposing party wins. 

Just now, Ghost said:

You're nominated to start the first off season thread about the pros and cons of the first year of this rule.

I already plan to! The chances of DCI reversing the rule are slim but I really think they messed up with this one. 

I don’t mean to discredit BDs win. But man I think Bloo got robbed. Tieing Music and Winning GE and not winning gold doesn’t seem right to me man. PLUS beating their World Champion record score and having one of the greatest shows in years. I wonder if the judges weren’t on the field and were watching the Flo feed instead.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Taylor Levun-Chard said:

It's a joke they finished 4th in brass. I saw all the lots, every night. All the shows, every night. JS.

Well if you say so. 

Why don't you apply to be a judge?

BD has consistently finished lower than third all season long. Regardless of the show or judges.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Looking at the recap.  

Bluecoats actually chopped their visual deficit in half.  Way closer tonight.  

Music was about where it was, though BD won percussion.  

But BD closed the gap enough in GE to do it.  Just like 2015.  Their shows always come together on finals night like that.  Well deserved.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 4