DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

15 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I hate to be that guy, but it was predicted prior to tonight that Prosperie would be the one judge who has historically favored BD above all the other judges.

You mean like in 2008 where percussion scores gave PR the title?

what a load of hogwash. It looks like he calls it like he sees it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

Looking at the recap.  

Bluecoats actually chopped their visual deficit in half.  Way closer tonight.  

Music was about where it was, though BD won percussion.  

But BD closed the gap enough in GE to do it.  Just like 2015.  Their shows always come together on finals night like that.  Well deserved.  

Had Stone traded Bloo and BD's GE scores, Bloo would have won.

Just an observation, as for the record, I truly wanted a tie.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Well if you say so. 

Why don't you apply to be a judge?

BD has consistently finished lower than third all season long. Regardless of the show or judges.

To be clear, I meant the last three nights. All the "finals." None of those nights should have placed lower than 3rd. I would apply, but it doesn't pay well enough to leave my current job.

After switching from a hard-connected desktop to a wireless laptop following Phantom's performance (during which the feed briefly froze on me a half dozen times), I had a continuous feed with no serious problems. The only glitches, which I mentioned early, were that (1) during some performances, notably Mandarins and Cadets, the high cam feed I had selected was actually showing the multi cam stream and (2) at one point, during BK's show I think it was, a big FloMarching logo was suddenly covering the middle of my screen for a few seconds, then it moved to the top of my screen for a few more seconds, then it went away.

So mildly annoying but entirely tolerable. I'm sorry to hear a number of others had much more notable difficulties.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

DCI judging SUCKS!

Well if the crowd and judges keep disagreeing you are absolutely correct something we need to be changed 

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

BD owns DCI

I think it's a lease arrangement actually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

just now, jeffmolnar said:

1 minute ago, crswaney200bloo said:

I don’t mean to discredit BDs win. But man I think Bloo got robbed. Tieing Music and Winning GE and not winning gold doesn’t seem right to me man. PLUS beating their World Champion record score and having one of the greatest shows in years. I wonder if the judges weren’t on the field and were watching the Flo feed instead.