DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

Looks like what did it for BD were the 3 judges who flip flopped from BC to BD since their last head to head.   Stone (GE1), Chumley (VA) and Sturgeon (Guard).  I think Stone was the most questionable, because all the other 3 GE judges had BC over BD.

Just now, 27Socal said:

Looks like what did it for BD were the 3 judges who flip flopped from BC to BD since their last head to head.   Stone (GE1), Chumley (VA) and Sturgeon (Guard).  I think Stone was the most questionable, because all the other 3 GE judges had BC over BD.

:34_rolling_eyes:

• Like 3

My only regret from tonight is that I didn't tune in early enough for the Marines.  I was thoroughly entertained throughout, not just tonight, but this entire week.  I still can't believe it's already over again.

• Like 1

And, with that, the 2019 Drum Corps International season comes to an end.

My next LIVE! From the Stands coverage will take place Labor Day Weekend in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, with the 2019 Drum Corps Associates World Championships. See you then!

• Like 4

My take: JP gave SCV the numbers to win drums tonight, but also left room with the top 2 still to go. Bd must have had an amazing run to get their score. Congrats to them! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Now now.   We all won tonight.  These are the best kids In the world and why I go to shows year after year. 

Terri - always love your comments and show feedback. Well said - absolutely agree.
I'm already dreaming of how great 2020 is going to be based on the level of this year's performances 😊 Thank you to all the performers for a wonderful season of drum corps 💚

• Thanks 1

Hmm. A bit disappointed, since I thought that Bluecoats' show was head-and-shoulders above BD in terms of accessibility and effect (they did win GE, but not by nearly enough of a margin in my opinion). However, despite my feelings about BD's design (I... didn't like it), it is absolutely unarguable that year after year they achieve the highest levels of excellence. 

Visual continues to be the Bluecoats' bane; I hope that they can figure this out in the coming years, because it's the only thing holding them back year after year.

Brass and MA seemed about right to me across the board.

A bit surprised at the percussion scores, although I didn't see these specific runs. However, based on when I saw them in Allentown last weekend, I would have been very surprised if someone told me Prosperie would have given BD a 10 in achievement at Finals.

• Confused 1

I do think dci needs to change its scoring system up a little. I dont necesarily know how but there have been way to many disagreements among the judges and the audience. I get that the judges are professionals but scoring to leave room for the place above is not it. I've noticed this the last couple of years

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Confused 2