DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

11 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

And, with that, the 2019 Drum Corps International season comes to an end.

My next LIVE! From the Stands coverage will take place Labor Day Weekend in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, with the 2019 Drum Corps Associates World Championships. See you then!

I'll be there! So I won't see you here.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Looks like what did it for BD were the 3 judges who flip flopped from BC to BD since their last head to head.   Stone (GE1), Chumley (VA) and Sturgeon (Guard).  I think Stone was the most questionable, because all the other 3 GE judges had BC over BD.

Chumley. Shocking...not!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, just_another_fanatic said:

Guys, consider this: instead of blaming inconsistent judging on bias or bad number management or a broke system, couldn’t the inconsistency indicate how good the top 6 are relative to each other and the judges’ inability to differentiate the talent and design among the corps? 

Stop making sense on DCP

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

I do think dci needs to change its scoring system up a little. I dont necesarily know how but there have been way to many disagreements among the judges and the audience. I get that the judges are professionals but scoring to leave room for the place above is not it. I've noticed this the last couple of years

posted from the DrumScorps app

You may be right, but I'll note that pretty much every year, fans of whichever corps didn't win have some complaints about the system. One frequent complaint is that G.E. is too important. I doubt any Bloo fans feel that way tonight!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Top scores for a 12th-place corps in Finals:

87.238 -- Phantom Regiment 2019: "I Am Joan"

86.750 -- Crossmen 2018: "The In-Between"

86.225 -- Crossmen 2014: "Alma Gitana"

86.075 -- Spirit from JSU 2005: "The Spirit of Broadway"

86.000 -- Colts 1999: "Voices"

85.950 -- Glassmen 2004: "Voice of One"

85.800 -- Glassmen 2010: "The Prayer Cycle"

85.450 -- Blue Stars 2013: "Voodoo"

85.350 -- Spirit of Atlanta 2011: "ATL Confidential"

85.300 -- Colts 1998: "A Cappella Celebration"

85.250 -- Madison Scouts 2017: "The Last Man Standing"

85.225 -- Madison Scouts 2008: "La Noche de la Iguana"

85.100 -- Sky Ryders 1988: "The Sound of Music"

85.100 -- Troopers 2009: "Western Side Story"

85.025 -- Crossmen 2015: "Above and Beyond"

85.000 -- Carolina Crown 1997: "Postcards from Britain"

Not sure who my favorite is among these, but let me note that Colts 1999 show is very nice. I was first moved to give it a viewing by some hostrauser posts here. 

15 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Looks like what did it for BD were the 3 judges who flip flopped from BC to BD since their last head to head.   Stone (GE1), Chumley (VA) and Sturgeon (Guard).  I think Stone was the most questionable, because all the other 3 GE judges had BC over BD.

Gotta say it.  Data analytics can give you good historical trends, but misses the huge X factor of how a show grows and performance sharpens.  And right brain visceral reaction. When did Stone last score both in GE head to head?   Recently?  I could be wrong, but I think awhile ago  

Congratulations to the Blue Devils! #19! Amazing show, and tremendous growth and improvement throughout the summer. And they marched their tails off. Congratulations to the Bluecoats on what is clearly a championship caliber show.  BD was just too clean on the final night  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

In Jake's lifetime, sure. But some people here (not me) have seen times of lower unemployment. That said, it's hard to look at this graph and attribute the current rate to any one person:

fredgraph.png?width=880&height=440&id=UN

Anyway, I hope the trend of the past nine years continues, so that all DCI ageouts are in a good position when job-seeking!

Don't we all hope it continues. But one cannot pick and choose what they attribute to one president. All the positives at this time (almost everything), if attributed to Obama, must also be included with all the negatives at this time (very little for the whole populace) with Obama or Vice Versa. 

One cannot claim one positive for a certain president 3 years after and decry the negatives after 3 years as well. It's either one or the others fault. One cannot have their (zim/ zey/ zerself I'm not sure which is correct) cake and eat it too.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

You all realize that next year the odds are fantastic that Crown, Cavaliers, Boston and SCV are gonna finally put stellar designs on the field at the same time, right? We are heading into what I predict will be the best designed AND performed shows in drum corps history next season.

You have no idea what's coming.

No, I mean literally, you have no idea what's coming.

I would suggest everyone hold their 2020 predictions for a couple of weeks...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, pudding said:

A bit surprised at the percussion scores, although I didn't see these specific runs. However, based on when I saw them in Allentown last weekend, I would have been very surprised if someone told me Prosperie would have given BD a 10 in achievement at Finals.

Don't think of it as a 10, think of it as achieving .1 better than SC.  Prosperie was right in front of BD at their most challenging passages.  must have been nails.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Chumley. Shocking...not!

Chumley was part of it.  He had a .30 swing from last head to head from BC to BD.  That could have also made the difference tonite.