DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Calling what he was doing "data analytics" is being extremely generous.

It was pseudoscience at best. 

I was being ... polite.   I had enough of the “panel is stacked for Bluecoats ... Bluecoats are going to win going away”.   Come on. It was going to be super close. And BD on finals night = clutch.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Brass Placement:

1. Crown

2. Bluecoats

3. Cavaliers

4. Blue Devils 

So weird seeing Cavies up there in brass.Finally! They need to do whatever it takes to keep Kevin. Missing pieces in the visual end. And maybe an addition or subtraction to the design team and I think a medal is possible.

• Like 2

And in the end, the move you take is equal to the love you make!! ✌🏼😎

Great year DCI!!! Congrats to all the winners!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jasgre2000 said:

No you don't. It artificially inflates the corps that go on later. If you have to "leave room" for other corps, the only one that can possibly get a perfect score is the corps that goes last. That's not fair. Why not let judges set their scores after everyone performs?

Actually, they can change their scores, so we don't truly know whether or not JP gave Vanguard a 20 before seeing BD.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Looks like what did it for BD were the 3 judges who flip flopped from BC to BD since their last head to head.   Stone (GE1), Chumley (VA) and Sturgeon (Guard).  I think Stone was the most questionable, because all the other 3 GE judges had BC over BD.

And? BD had two GE judges put them on top the night before. I thought the math had this panel overwhelmingly in favor of the boys in Canton?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What did I miss? Did scores come out? 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, garfield said:

You have no idea what's coming.

No, I mean literally, you have no idea what's coming.

I would suggest everyone hold their 2020 predictions for a couple of weeks...

A well-known drum corps superfan sitting behind me at the Open Class finals, who based on many other of his comments is not very knowledgable at all, predicted that DCI and BOA would merge within the next few years.

So when I see a comment like this from someone a trifle more informed, my mind goes in all sorts of crazy directions.

26 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Looks like what did it for BD were the 3 judges who flip flopped from BC to BD since their last head to head.   Stone (GE1), Chumley (VA) and Sturgeon (Guard).  I think Stone was the most questionable, because all the other 3 GE judges had BC over BD.

What's most questionable is your now thoroughly discredited insistence that judges always score corps essentially the same relative to each other regardless of the quality of their performance on a given night, regardless of changes to content over time, etc.  I recommend you revisit your assumptions and find happiness that they are not correct, as they are disrespectful to the judges and to the corps who they judge, and I would hope you would at least want to think better of the activity.

• Thanks 3