DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

6 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

Bluecoats were not undefeated before finals week this year.

You’re correct. It’s been a great three days but I’m tired. I am going to edit my post, but my point of it being a favorite that placed 2nd at finals is valid.

• Like 1

Is this like 2015 where BD won finals without wining a single regional?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

Yes, but it seems like that's the exception rather than the rule. The only reason a judge would change their score is if they didn't "leave enough room" to properly slot a corps that went on earlier in the night. I don't think there has ever been a corps that went on earlier than last that's ever got a perfect score, and under the current system there will likely never be one. That will effect every score going all the way down to 12th. If judges feel free to give a 10.0 to the last corps, but not to any earlier corps, that gives the corps going into finals in first place a huge advantage.

This does effect every score going down to the bottom. For example, if you are judging the corps that goes 6th to last, you know that the highest score you can give is a 9.7 (since you have to leave 5 half points ahead of them to "leave room" for the remaining corps). This is why slotting happens.

Why is it a “huge advantage?” They can still place above or below the corps before them. It would be a huge DISADVANTAGE if the best they could do was a tie at the top of the caption.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, garfield said:

You have no idea what's coming.

No, I mean literally, you have no idea what's coming.

I would suggest everyone hold their 2020 predictions for a couple of weeks...

14 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

Bluecoats were not undefeated before finals week this year.

I forgot, so I edited the post.

8 minutes ago, gabe211 said:

Is this like 2015 where BD won finals without wining a single regional?

BD technically “won” Allentown in 2015 by winning the Friday night show.

However, Crown took an eerily similar path in 2013 when they lost every regional to BD (including head-to-head on Saturday night of Allentown), then took Semis and Finals.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

Let's be real here.

tonight is the night where you just wish the DCI season was longer so you could see more competition between two amazing shows. 

I am happy Devils won, yes.

but I also recognize the joy one feels when watching The Blue Coats perform "The Bluecoats."

seems like just yesterday everyone was announcing their shows.

it would be very interesting to see 5 more shows with just the top 2. Maybe that would more definitively show a winner!

Seriously though, congrats to the coats for their highest score ever. I enjoyed their show even not liking Beatles music! 

This was the most intense and close dogfight I've been alive for in DCI world class history, it was a pleasure to watch. 

God bless everyone and get ready for next year!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1