DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

19 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Did you purposely forget one of the biggest ones on the list? Crown 2015

That performance had its challenges. It does not usually enter the “should have won” debates. However, I do think it aged well on video, or so I thought  when I watched it not too long ago. 

49 minutes ago, garfield said:

Neither did Brandt.

He had to pause to look back at his sheets, but he knew it was a Blue - something!

As I have said for many years, Brandt Crocker is awful. Terrible. Brutal. Its time for some new blood who is good at speaking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kevingamin said:

I assume the flugelhorn soloists have in ear monitors so they can hear each other. There’s no way they can play that duet so well together that spread apart on the field.

I said the same thing, but they were not apparent on flo.

great show. every corps had positives. Flo sucked

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I just returned to my hotel, and I do think Bloo should have won, but this is not the first time a favorite show has placed second when the audience thought it should be first. Santa Clara’s 1987 show is still have favorite. I suppose Bloo joins a pretty illustrious group: corps that place second that so many believe should have been first: 

Phantom 1978 and 1979

27th Lancers 1980

Phantom 1989 (since SCV 1989 is a show I love equally to Phantom 89, I was happy either way)

Star of Indiana 1993

Cadets 2007

Carolina Crown 2009

Carolina Crown 2012

Funny thing about echo chambers is that everyone already agrees with each other. So yeah, I guess “so many” believe Bloo should’ve won in your world. But I’m sure every BD/SCV/etc. fan would make that same observation about their corps’ show. 

• Like 1

So it comes down to percussion really for the WC. First time all year BD beats SCV in drums. Sorry, total BS! Jeff P is one if my favorite judges but man, how can one explain one show did BD have the better line all year? And of all nights tonight. BD is and amazing group and are just so good at every caption but no way now how do they stroke the drums better than SCV. Congratulations BD on a 19th championship. Well deserved, but they did not ever have the best drum line all season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, FlamMan said:

As I have said for many years, Brandt Crocker is awful. Terrible. Brutal. Its time for some new blood who is good at speaking.

Brandt is an american treasure and an institution in drum corps. 

Is he perfect? No. But it will be a loss the day he hangs it up, and i think he's earned the right to decide when that is.

• Like 5

Just now, Poppycock said:

Don’t ever underestimate BD! We will crush you, break your heart and steal your toys and there is nothing you can ever do about it. We own DCI! 

deserved the win.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Don’t ever underestimate BD! We will crush you, break your heart and steal your toys and there is nothing you can ever do about it. We own DCI! 

At least you are humble about it

• Haha 4