DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

There needs to be a component in the sheets tied to audience reaction and applause. Audience reaction should be reflected in the score. Also, let the audience members vote live during the show for their favorite corps via an app. Let the fans in on the voting process.

IMO BD's show just doesn't compete with Bloo's. Sure BD is clean, but this years Coats show was special...BD's was not.

Jeff P. needs his head examined.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

37 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I just returned to my hotel, and I do think Bloo should have won, but this is not the first time a favorite show has placed second when the audience thought it should be first. Santa Clara’s 1987 show is still have favorite. I suppose Bloo joins a pretty illustrious group: corps that place second that so many believe should have been first: 

Phantom 1978 and 1979

27th Lancers 1980

Phantom 1989 (since SCV 1989 is a show I love equally to Phantom 89, I was happy either way)

Star of Indiana 1993

Cadets 2007

Carolina Crown 2009

Carolina Crown 2012

Crown 2009 and 2012 went a combined 0-18 against BD in those 2 seasons. Someone kicks my *** 18 times in a row, i am telling everyone in my camp to stop with the should have won stuff. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlexL said:

Brandt is an american treasure and an institution in drum corps. 

Is he perfect? No. But it will be a loss the day he hangs it up, and i think he's earned the right to decide when that is.

Brandt is an American treasure? No. Hes a terrible announcer. The day he hangs it up is the day that drum corps announcing gets better.

1 minute ago, FlamMan said:

There needs to be a component in the sheets tied to audience reaction and applause. Audience reaction should be reflected in the score. Also, let the audience members vote live during the show for their favorite corps via an app. Let the fans in on the voting process.

IMO BD's show just doesn't compete with Bloo's. Sure BD is clean, but this years Coats show was special...BD's was not.

Absolutely 100 percent accurate and I have said the same for years. GE really isn't GE!

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, FlamMan said:

Paragraph 1: Disagree 

Paragraph 2: Disagree 

Sentence 3: Disagree 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

I won't speak to the drum judging, but I will disagree about the BD show.  It has grown to be my favorite this season.  It's so clever, and I find something new in it every time.  I called this win back in June when they were still behind SCV and sometimes 4th overall (not head to head).  Not to take away from Coats' masterpiece.  A tie would have been optimal for me.