DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

2 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I heard all the smack talk and snarky comments about BD. How do you like us now? 

You didn't hear it from me. Best Corps yes maybe, best show, not by a long shot!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

There needs to be a component in the sheets tied to audience reaction and applause. Audience reaction should be reflected in the score. Also, let the audience members vote live during the show for their favorite corps via an app. Let the fans in on the voting process.

IMO BD's show just doesn't compete with Bloo's. Sure BD is clean, but this years Coats show was special...BD's was not.

Jeff P. needs his head examined.

This just turns GE into who has a bigger fan base. We probably would have had Madison in Finals this year then...that shows how much I hate this idea!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Crown 2009 and 2012 went a combined 0-18 against BD in those 2 seasons. Someone kicks my *** 18 times in a row, i am telling everyone in my camp to stop with the should have won stuff. 

And Forrest Gump thrashed Pulp Fiction at the Oscars. Sometimes judges are wrong.

(Not saying that's necessarily true of BD in 2009 or 2012. But your great-grandchildren may look back at videos of Crown and BD in those years and decide Crown should have won.)

8 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

There needs to be a component in the sheets tied to audience reaction and applause. Audience reaction should be reflected in the score. Also, let the audience members vote live during the show for their favorite corps via an app. Let the fans in on the voting process.

Ya know.......i agree. Make audience reaction part of the sheets. Not gonna stop BD. Cause they play to the sheets right? Isn't that one of the biggest things they gotten accused of over the last decade?? So it gets added, and since BD plays to the sheets, they go out and design a show that makes people throw their baby just as far as anyone else to max out that caption. Changing sheets won't stop the Devils. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

So it comes down to percussion really for the WC. First time all year BD beats SCV in drums. Sorry, total BS! Jeff P is one if my favorite judges but man, how can one explain one show did BD have the better line all year? And of all nights tonight. BD is and amazing group and are just so good at every caption but no way now how do they stroke the drums better than SCV. Congratulations BD on a 19th championship. Well deserved, but they did not ever have the best drum line all season. 

I agree 100%. BD should send Jeff P. a very nice Christmas present.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, jaylogan said:

Paragraph 1: Disagree 

Paragraph 2: Disagree 

Sentence 3: Disagree 

Great feedback. Thank you for your thoughtful analyses.

10 minutes ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

You didn't hear it from me. Best Corps yes maybe, best show, not by a long shot!

Exactly.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Great feedback. Thank you for your thoughtful analyses.

Sentences 1 and 2: You’re welcome 🙂

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

So it comes down to percussion really for the WC. First time all year BD beats SCV in drums. Sorry, total BS! Jeff P is one if my favorite judges but man, how can one explain one show did BD have the better line all year? And of all nights tonight. BD is and amazing group and are just so good at every caption but no way now how do they stroke the drums better than SCV. Congratulations BD on a 19th championship. Well deserved, but they did not ever have the best drum line all season. 

Jeff isn’t judging who is the best percussion of the entire season. He judged who was best TONIGHT! Were you down on that field in front of these lines to back up your words that SCV was obviously the best? Sorry if I side with one of the most, no I’ll go ahead and say THE MOST call it as they see it judge in DCI, who happens to know a thing or two about percussion...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

But tonight they did.