DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

10 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

This just turns GE into who has a bigger fan base. We probably would have had Madison in Finals this year then...that shows how much I hate this idea!

Incorrect. I'm proposing a fan app vote that accounts for 1-3 points and a caption award for "fan favorite".

1 hour ago, bgg80 said:

How could that be???   When was the last head-to-head Chumley score?

Oh it be.  The last head to head for Chumley between BD and BC in VA was Atlanta.  He had BC up by .1

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

There needs to be a component in the sheets tied to audience reaction and applause. Audience reaction should be reflected in the score. Also, let the audience members vote live during the show for their favorite corps via an app. Let the fans in on the voting process.

IMO BD's show just doesn't compete with Bloo's. Sure BD is clean, but this years Coats show was special...BD's was not.

Jeff P. needs his head examined.

So you want DCI to turn into an American Idol reality tv popularity contest. Interesting take. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wilme861 said:

Jeff isn’t judging who is the best percussion of the entire season. He judged who was best TONIGHT! Were you down on that field in front of these lines to back up your words that SCV was obviously the best? Sorry if I side with one of the most, no I’ll go ahead and say THE MOST call it as they see it judge in DCI, who happens to know a thing or two about percussion...

So all meetings before tonight wasn't an indicator which line was better? I mean get real, somehow all season long it wasn't even up for debate who had the best line. But tonight of all nights BD wins? Think what you want, SCVs line is superior and anyone with ears knows it. 

1 minute ago, FlamMan said:

Incorrect. I'm proposing a fan app vote that accounts for 1-3 points and a caption award for "fan favorite".

Other activities do this and it turns into a “who can get the word out to more people to vote” to decide the winner. There are SOOOOO many people in the stands that support a corps no matter what, and that will skew these “awards” so much. I think Music City won it in Atlanta so...I’m sorry if I’m not sold on this idea.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

Jeff isn’t judging who is the best percussion of the entire season. He judged who was best TONIGHT! Were you down on that field in front of these lines to back up your words that SCV was obviously the best? Sorry if I side with one of the most, no I’ll go ahead and say THE MOST call it as they see it judge in DCI, who happens to know a thing or two about percussion...

Will you stop with the common sense? That only applies if someone other than BD wins. Start blaming judges and discredit BD every chance you get like the rest of us. It will make you feel better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

So all meetings before tonight wasn't an indicator which line was better? I mean get real, somehow all season long it wasn't even up for debate who had the best line. But tonight of all nights BD wins? Think what you want, SCVs line is superior and anyone with ears knows it. 

How close was BD in previous meetings? What were the spreads? If you're going to make this argument, you need to show that BD was always so far back that they couldn't have a really good night and beat SCV. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

So you want DCI to turn into an American Idol reality tv popularity contest. Interesting take. 

Can you read?

2 minutes ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

SCV had a 0.1 pt lead last night over BD so how can you say that it’s not up for debate? I prefer SCV’s percussion to any other corps, but I’m not naive to think they can’t ever be beaten. Especially by a line like the Blue Devils

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1