DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

How close was BD in previous meetings? What were the spreads? If you're going to make this argument, you need to show that BD was always so far back that they couldn't have a really good night and beat SCV. 

Its pretty easy to look back at all head to head meetings. Dci.org has all your answers. Now, since you want to call me out, find a show in 2019 head to head that BD beat SCV in drums besides tonght. Ill wait. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

So you want DCI to turn into an American Idol reality tv popularity contest. Interesting take. 

I want drum corps fans to be drawn in and feel part of the scoring process by having a 1-3 point scoring caption for "fan favorite".  This has nothing to do with TV as it would be part of the sheets for every DCI show.

THIS................is drum corps international!

Edited by FlamMan
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

Its pretty easy to look back at all head to head meetings. Dci.org has all your answers. Now, since you want to call me out, find a show in 2019 head to head that BD beat SCV in drums besides tonght. Ill wait. 

You're the one complaining, the burden of proof is on you. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

I never said BD had beaten SCV. I said that if two corps are close, it's less shocking when the one that was behind beats the one that was ahead.

Didn't Bluecoats pass Cadets once or twice only on Finals night during the past decade? These things happen.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

Jeff isn’t judging who is the best percussion of the entire season. He judged who was best TONIGHT! Were you down on that field in front of these lines to back up your words that SCV was obviously the best? Sorry if I side with one of the most, no I’ll go ahead and say THE MOST call it as they see it judge in DCI, who happens to know a thing or two about percussion...

Yes, we got it, BD won drums tonight, but....it's a consensus across the activity the Vanguard is the superior program in percussion top to bottom not only this season, but the last 4 seasons. There is no question BD played their ##### off tonight. SCV has been undefeated on drums the last 2-3 years, so yes....BD should take pride in beating SCV tonight, but at the end of the day, Vanguard takes home the drum trophy. Score board.

13 minutes ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

So all meetings before tonight wasn't an indicator which line was better? I mean get real, somehow all season long it wasn't even up for debate who had the best line. But tonight of all nights BD wins? Think what you want, SCVs line is superior and anyone with ears knows it. 

Then why bother with a final, judged competition if you’re only going to base who should win on earlier scores?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

Let me guess, you was ok with PR beating BD in 2008, even though BD was beating them the entire season until finals night. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

It wouldn’t be the first time a corps that was undefeated all season loses in finals night...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

SCV had a 0.1 pt lead last night over BD so how can you say that it’s not up for debate? I prefer SCV’s percussion to any other corps, but I’m not naive to think they can’t ever be beaten. Especially by a line like the Blue Devils

Easy, because they never beat them until tonight. So not sure the total head to head matchups, but when SCV drums go undefeated all year its pretty hard to debate another line being better. But miraculously tonight they lose. clearly there undefeated season up until tonight means nothing 

• Sad 1