DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

Just now, FlamMan said:

YES! You just made my point. Fan favorites and popularity need to contribute to the corps score.

While not quite the dumbest suggestion I've heard on DCP, it gets close :lle:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I had no idea that Steak n Shake is no longer open 24 hours.  

Edited by DeanInChicago
  • Sad 2

33 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

YES! You just made my point. Fan favorites and popularity need to contribute to the corps score.

Because there’s no group more impartial than a stadium half full of alumni and corps parents. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, FlamMan said:

There needs to be a component in the sheets tied to audience reaction and applause. Audience reaction should be reflected in the score. Also, let the audience members vote live during the show for their favorite corps via an app. Let the fans in on the voting process.

IMO BD's show just doesn't compete with Bloo's. Sure BD is clean, but this years Coats show was special...BD's was not.

Jeff P. needs his head examined.

Sure, I’d be into this if they moved DCI Championships to California. Let’s see how many “Bloo”s you’d get then. 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

What's most questionable is your now thoroughly discredited insistence that judges always score corps essentially the same relative to each other regardless of the quality of their performance on a given night, regardless of changes to content over time, etc.  I recommend you revisit your assumptions and find happiness that they are not correct, as they are disrespectful to the judges and to the corps who they judge, and I would hope you would at least want to think better of the activity.

I never said "always", you did.

I'll let the numbers speak for themselves:

Thurs the total spread was off by .5 from the predicted spread.

Fri the total spread was off by .3 from the predicted spread.

Sat the total spread was off by 1.0 from the predicted spread.

So all were off by about 1% or less of the total score.  So that's about 99% correct.  Not sure how that's "thoroughly discredited".

These are all publicly published scores.   I'm not making them up.  The judges created the numbers.  I didn't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

The Cadets scored under 90 in finals for the first time since 1981. Back when tick scoring was a thing. The Cadets had ended 1982 with their first 90 score and had hit 90 in every finals since until now. almost 40 years of consistency. Impressive

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

How close was BD in previous meetings? What were the spreads? If you're going to make this argument, you need to show that BD was always so far back that they couldn't have a really good night and beat SCV. 

Easy to prove.  Every drum score for every show this season is on FrontEnsemble.com

5 hours ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

So it comes down to percussion really for the WC. First time all year BD beats SCV in drums. Sorry, total BS! Jeff P is one if my favorite judges but man, how can one explain one show did BD have the better line all year? And of all nights tonight. BD is and amazing group and are just so good at every caption but no way now how do they stroke the drums better than SCV. Congratulations BD on a 19th championship. Well deserved, but they did not ever have the best drum line all season. 

They only needed to be better for 11 minutes last night.  Not all season.

Unless they've changed the "Build Up" score process to build up starting in June.

Yes, they were better.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Don’t ever underestimate BD! We will crush you, break your heart and steal your toys and there is nothing you can ever do about it. We own DCI! 

Boy, you are a sensitive little thing, aren't you?!

Find your vapors; it will be fine.