DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

1 hour ago, garfield said:

Boy, you are a sensitive little thing, aren't you?!

Find your vapors; it will be fine.

One of three people I have on Ignore. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DeanInChicago said:

I had no idea that Steak n Shake is no longer open 24 hours.  

Why is there no where to eat in Indy after Finals?  We finally decided to go to Hooters which is open till 1am. The Wife made sure I was glued to my phone on DCP.

Here's an idea:  Expand the FoodFest to FoodFest After Hours. A half dozen local food trucks located in a common spot close to LOS would do a tremendous business. It would also let the Corps food truck folks not have to worry about a Finals snack.

You heard it here first. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like it was a peaceful lovefest among DCPers overnight. :laughing:

What a night. What a friggin night. The very best of every corps and the crowd ate it up like waffles. Someone mentioned in another post it'll get even better in 2020. How true.

Congratulations to the Devils. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Looks like it was a peaceful lovefest among DCPers overnight. :laughing:

What a night. What a friggin night. The very best of every corps and the crowd ate it up like waffles. Someone mentioned in another post it'll get even better in 2020. How true.

Congratulations to the Devils. 

Do they sleep?  

I’m going home.  

12 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Why is there no where to eat in Indy after Finals?  We finally decided to go to Hooters which is open till 1am. The Wife made sure I was glued to my phone on DCP.

Here's an idea:  Expand the FoodFest to FoodFest After Hours. A half dozen local food trucks located in a common spot close to LOS would do a tremendous business. It would also let the Corps food truck folks not have to worry about a Finals snack.

You heard it here first. 

If the Ayatollah and I ever went to Hooter's, I'm sure she'd have me glued to my phone too, but not to keep up on DCP. To occupy my vision. 

That is a neat idea - the food truck challenge post finals. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Do they sleep?  

I’m going home.  

I dunno, I know I did. Travel safe! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FlamMan said:

YES! You just made my point. Fan favorites and popularity need to contribute to the corps score.

Because, you know, fans work SO HARD all season long!  They deserve recognition for their fandom!

Sorry, not until you pay tour fees and spend at least one full day at practice in July.  (And I'm not talking about sitting up in the stands under an umbrella nursing a sippy-cup of mineral water.)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, garfield said:

Because, you know, fans work SO HARD all season long!  They deserve recognition for their fandom!

Sorry, not until you pay tour fees and spend at least one full day at practice in July.  (And I'm not talking about sitting up in the stands under an umbrella nursing a sippy-cup of mineral water.)

I don’t ever want dci to be a reality tv show when it comes to voting. I believe the method of voting is largely a self fulfilling prophecy, but no way should this activity be turned into a popularity contest.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jeffe77 said:

Yes, we got it, BD won drums tonight, but....it's a consensus across the activity the Vanguard is the superior program in percussion top to bottom not only this season, but the last 4 seasons. There is no question BD played their ##### off tonight. SCV has been undefeated on drums the last 2-3 years, so yes....BD should take pride in beating SCV tonight, but at the end of the day, Vanguard takes home the drum trophy. Score board.

Is this another example of "settled science"?  A "consensus" of drummers?  Pashaw.  Not even close. 

Confirmation bias is a real thing.  Just ask a group of drummers...

• Like 1