DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

7 hours ago, 27Socal said:

I never said "always", you did.

I'll let the numbers speak for themselves:

Thurs the total spread was off by .5 from the predicted spread.

Fri the total spread was off by .3 from the predicted spread.

Sat the total spread was off by 1.0 from the predicted spread.

So all were off by about 1% or less of the total score.  So that's about 99% correct.  Not sure how that's "thoroughly discredited".

These are all publicly published scores.   I'm not making them up.  The judges created the numbers.  I didn't.

Hmm you gave us spreads, not scores. So to say your predictions were only 1% off is being disingenuous. A monkey could've gotten within 1% by those parameters. You didn't predict anything. In fact you were very insistent that this panel was so biased to Bloo that it was inevitable that they would win. 

• Like 4

What matters in any caption — or subcaption — on the score sheet at DCI Finals is NOT the entire body of work a particular corps has or has not achieved to that point. What matters is the corps’ performance THAT NIGHT ONLY.

Judges should NOT take previous scores into consideration.

Edited by ThirdValvesAreForWimps

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Hmm you gave us spreads, not scores. So to say your predictions were only 1% off is being disingenuous. A monkey could've gotten within 1% by those parameters. You didn't predict anything. In fact you were very insistent that this panel was so biased to Bloo that it was inevitable that they would win. 

BD scores a 98.325 vs a 67.2 at finals!  #nailedit  🙂

32 minutes ago, Ghost said:

As we all read the same "smack talk and snarky comments" about Boston's guard last night.  How do you like them now?

I'm not sure if I read a single thing would've been considered smack talk last night regarding Boston's guard. Everyone was commenting about all the crazy things they were doing during the show. 

11 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

What matters in any caption — or subcaption — on the score sheet at DCI Finals is NOT the entire body of work a particular corps has or has not achieved to that point. What matters is the corps’ performance THAT NIGHT ONLY.

If previous scores shouldn't be considered, a opinion I share, perhaps step off times should be more random. I'm not saying the previous 17th placing corps should go last in prelims but maybe a little mixing up would would allow scores to more accurately represent a corps performance rather than having some preset starting point that is tweaked up or down.

posted from the DrumScorps app

22 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Sorry but that isn’t how DCI scoring works.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Sorry but that isn’t how DCI scoring works.

I know.  And it stinks.

It’s the very nature of the DCI scoring system. It’s the reason “comparing” scores from one season to another is literally meaningless.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1