DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

14 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Oh my god this guard just won the Zingali

13 hours ago, Musicman1084 said:

BD just won, including awards for high visual, GE, and the Zingali. I'm convinced.

13 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Aw they didn't turn off the ghostlight! Disappointing  Okay I'm a homer but 

1. THAT RUN WAS HOT. Some slight phasing in the opener but otherwise one of the best runs ive seen from them this season

2. The guard won the Zingali. Calling it now. 

13 hours ago, Jake W. said:

BD: you just won guard & your 9000th gold medal. What an insanely good performance.

13 hours ago, Sideways said:

BD..super clean and the first time I actually felt the closer worked.  Did not see BAC but I feel the Zingali is your.  That being said...last night was a bit more exciting.  It will come down to GE tonight.

13 hours ago, GEVisual said:

Based on what I saw/heard tonight, I'm thinking

1- BD

2- Coats

3- Crown

Crown wins Brass, SCV wins drums, and BD takes everything else.

13 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Holy #### the crusaders won the Zingali,

13 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I'm shocked.  Nevertheless, congrats Boston! It was clear you and BD were the elite in guard this year 

57 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I'm not sure if I read a single thing would've been considered smack talk last night regarding Boston's guard. Everyone was commenting about all the crazy things they were doing during the show. 

Guess what's considered smack talk has been reclassified.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, NorCalDad said:

If previous scores shouldn't be considered, a opinion I share, perhaps step off times should be more random. I'm not saying the previous 17th placing corps should go last in prelims but maybe a little mixing up would would allow scores to more accurately represent a corps performance rather than having some preset starting point that is tweaked up or down.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Would be interesting to see what the World Championships would be like if they still used the averaged scores from all the regionals at Prelims and the scores achieved the previous night at Semis and Finals, but randomized the order in groups of 3 every night, just like the regionals do. Same goes for Open Class championships.

I know BOA does something kinda similar by announcing the finalists in random order without scores and then setting the lineup in groups of 5-7, depending on the number of finalists.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Seems like anything short of complete adoration is smack talk. Even when a show sucks, you can't say it sucks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Would be interesting to see what the World Championships would be like if they still used the averaged scores from all the regionals at Prelims and the scores achieved the previous night at Semis and Finals, but randomized the order in groups of 3 every night, just like the regionals do. Same goes for Open Class championships.

I know BOA does something kinda similar by announcing the finalists in random order without scores and then setting the lineup in groups of 5-7, depending on the number of finalists.

You always have to worry about the "russian judge".

Hey crown did not overtake SCV. and the Cavaliers did not get past Crown or SCV. Weird. :whistle:

But it looks like Blue Devils did win another one. Congrats. 

Congrats to Boston for another great season. Enjoyed it. 

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

You consider that smack talk?! You don't watch sports much do you! All I see are people cheering for the corps that they like. No one said anything about "wow this other guard sucks." 

If you got offended by any of those posts, then maybe it's time to go find a safe space. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

So all meetings before tonight wasn't an indicator which line was better? I mean get real, somehow all season long it wasn't even up for debate who had the best line. But tonight of all nights BD wins? Think what you want, SCVs line is superior and anyone with ears knows it. 

So the finals run shouldn’t count for anything? More judges should be like JP and call it like they see it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soccerguy315 said:

it's Sunday but I'm still really annoyed at the "BLUE........coats" announcement. 

it was unacceptable.

Completely agree. Finals night is no time to get cute. 

• Like 2