DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

2 hours ago, tommynev said:

The judges have given BD 10's in rep a few times in the last six years even when they performed second to last. And Boston got a 10 in guard rep going on 6th to last this year. Makes no sense, but that's DCI judging for you.

this is why I think judges should be able to use any hundredth number in their scoring,  so it could be possible to see 9.90, 9.93, 9.94, 9.97, 9.99 if the corps are that evenly matched that the differences are so miniscule that a tenth of a point is just too much based on the level of parity between these groups nowadays

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tim K said:

No, Cavaliers have worn that uniform at retreat in previous years.

I have heard they purchased new old-style uniforms a few years ago, then went with themed uniforms since then. Makes sense to bring them out at Retreat and I'm thinking the MMs would love it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

I have heard they purchased new old-style uniforms a few years ago, then went with themed uniforms since then. Makes sense to bring them out at Retreat and I'm thinking the MMs would love it. 

If I had time and access to my retreat photos, I could look at them to be certain, but I believe 2017 was the first year with the formal uniforms at retreat.

2 minutes ago, Tim K said:

If I had time and access to my retreat photos, I could look at them to be certain, but I believe 2017 was the first year with the formal uniforms at retreat.

I believe 2016. It was the first time they introduced the current drum major uniform (which was used as the base for 16/17 field corps uniforms)

4 hours ago, bluecoats88 said:

this is why I think judges should be able to use any hundredth number in their scoring,  so it could be possible to see 9.90, 9.93, 9.94, 9.97, 9.99 if the corps are that evenly matched that the differences are so miniscule that a tenth of a point is just too much based on the level of parity between these groups nowadays

How about every 2 hundredths?  It's over twice as granular as the current every 5 hundredths, and when scores are divided by 2 it doesn't require an additional decimal place.  

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

sotuh-hd1.jpgI’m just going to say...

i saw people wiping out on those scooters.  I saw on drumcorps Reddit that there were ER visits.  You had to really watch out for them crossing the street.  

I heard that the city pulls dozens of them from the river each week.  Mostly, the locals hate them.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, garfield said:

I heard that the city pulls dozens of them from the river each week.  Mostly, the locals hate them.

There is an annual 48-Hour Film Project competition I will sometimes help with musical scoring. This year a team entered a film called "Birds" -- about the scourge of Bird scooters in Atlanta, more scooters than people.  I think it made the top 5 by the judges and the audience loved it, though I suspect the indy filmmaking crowd would probably be pro-scooter. 

10 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

There is an annual 48-Hour Film Project competition I will sometimes help with musical scoring. This year a team entered a film called "Birds" -- about the scourge of Bird scooters in Atlanta, more scooters than people.  I think it made the top 5 by the judges and the audience loved it, though I suspect the indy filmmaking crowd would probably be pro-scooter. 

They were all over in Atlanta, too. 

• Like 1