DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I can’t swim! 

I’ve always heard that bees are adverse to water — even Queen Bees 🐝 

• Haha 3

During BDs performance on Saturday night I was drawn to the guard, In particular the rifles.  Their timing was so accurate... angles, throws, spin speeds, catches, heighth of throws etc... I found myself staring in between performers which was a practice regimen we used to use in front of full length mirrors.  Their performance was mesmerizing 💎 💎 💎 💎 💎  

• Like 8

14 hours ago, HouserCD said:

During BDs performance on Saturday night I was drawn to the guard, In particular the rifles.  Their timing was so accurate... angles, throws, spin speeds, catches, heighth of throws etc... I found myself staring in between performers which was a practice regimen we used to use in front of full length mirrors.  Their performance was mesmerizing 💎 💎 💎 💎 💎  

I echo this sentiment!! Only time I got to see the Dev's live was at Allentown. SItting on the 45, side 2 half way up and I noticed the rifles and sabers were spot on!! I am not a guard person, but that was what I remember talking with the guy in front of me. They were flawless. Always wish I could see shows live more than once and from different heights in the stadium!! 

• Like 3

• Like 3

The caption awards need to be just for Finals night as Finals IS what matters.  I have never been a fan of averaging the scores over the three nights for caption awards.  I will never understand why it was changed in the first place.

3 minutes ago, jmc5682 said:

The caption awards need to be just for Finals night as Finals IS what matters.  I have never been a fan of averaging the scores over the three nights for caption awards.  I will never understand why it was changed in the first place.

I'll do you one better, caption awards should be weighted, with finals night being given the most weight. 

Let's go with something like 60-25-15 or 55-25-20 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

I'll do you one better, caption awards should be weighted, with finals night being given the most weight. 

Let's go with something like 60-25-15 or 55-25-20 

THIS is an excellent idea!!

Also agree with the previous post about being able to score down to 2 hundredth!! I anticipate the competition being even tighter next year for finals!!  

But ahhh winter...guess I have to deal with you first 😞

I always enjoy when BD posts their victory run on their YouTube channel.

• Like 1