DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

7 minutes ago, bgg80 said:

Gotta say it.  Data analytics can give you good historical trends, but misses the huge X factor of how a show grows and performance sharpens.  And right brain visceral reaction. When did Stone last score both in GE head to head?   Recently?  I could be wrong, but I think awhile ago  

Congratulations to the Blue Devils! #19! Amazing show, and tremendous growth and improvement throughout the summer. And they marched their tails off. Congratulations to the Bluecoats on what is clearly a championship caliber show.  BD was just too clean on the final night  

Calling what he was doing "data analytics" is being extremely generous.

It was pseudoscience at best. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I don't see a lot of comments on Vanguard Achievements not only they won Sanford but they were the only Defending champs to have come back to win a medal the year after winning gold, in how long 2008 to 2009 phantom, 2011 to 2012 Cadets ect................. Fill the blanks. Congrats SCV on breaking that trend.

You for got to say “other then the Blue Devils”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Taylor Levun-Chard said:

Don't we all hope it continues. But one cannot pick and choose what they attribute to one president. All the positives at this time (almost everything), if attributed to Obama, must also be included with all the negatives at this time (very little for the whole populace) with Obama or Vice Versa. 

One cannot claim one positive for a certain president 3 years after and decry the negatives after 3 years as well. It's either one or the others fault. One cannot have their (zim/ zey/ zerself I'm not sure which is correct) cake and eat it too.

I think I like you.

• Thanks 1

Big BD fan here! I’m obviously ecstatic about tonight’s results, but I wanted to mention I thought Bloo’s show was extremely entertaining to me and I wish we had more shows that are as fun and lighthearted. We are lucky to have such amazing shows and corps so deserving of their medals. That’s all!

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

You have to do it that way. Can't give a perfect score with two corps to go. What if one is better?

No you don't. It artificially inflates the corps that go on later. If you have to "leave room" for other corps, the only one that can possibly get a perfect score is the corps that goes last. That's not fair. Why not let judges set their scores after everyone performs?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

I think I like you.

Yeah, but you're a big softie who even likes people who hold positions completely opposite from yours.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I know that we just had the highest scoring 12th place corps ever. 

The levels of achievement among the top six this year were jaw dropping. 

Yes, I agree.

And things change.  Sometimes "bigly".

Hold on to your britches.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bgg80 said:

Gotta say it.  Data analytics can give you good historical trends, but misses the huge X factor of how a show grows and performance sharpens.  And right brain visceral reaction. When did Stone last score both in GE head to head?   Recently?  I could be wrong, but I think awhile ago  

Congratulations to the Blue Devils! #19! Amazing show, and tremendous growth and improvement throughout the summer. And they marched their tails off. Congratulations to the Bluecoats on what is clearly a championship caliber show.  BD was just too clean on the final night  

Stone last judged them both in Mesquite on 7/22 and had Bluecoats up by .1

That was a while ago, but seems odd that all the other 3 GE judges had BC over BD.  That's the problem with this judging system.  1 guy out in left field can throw a championship.