DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

3 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Stone last judged them both in Mesquite on 7/22 and had Bluecoats up by .1

That was a while ago, but seems odd that all the other 3 GE judges had BC over BD.  That's the problem with this judging system.  1 guy out in left field can throw a championship.

So where does the kids’ achievement and performance level come into play?  BD showed major improvement all season.  I saw them early on in CA. SCV was clearly better.  Interesting note — for that 7/22 — both GE judges “flipped”: Stone in Finals and Dillon in Semis.  🤔

• Thanks 2

Just now, kinetic inferno11 said:

Man, Twitter is being ruthless. I know we joke about DCP being hateful, but Twitter has had nothing but disrespect for BD. It almost seems worse than in 2015.

Exact reason i stay off Twitter. Bunch of internet tough guys who don't have the ***** to say any of that garbage they spew to people's faces. Anyone can be tough hiding behind a computer screen.

• Like 4

Just now, hc6434ot said:

If my research is correct, Phantom just posted the best 12th place score ever. That shows how good these corps are really getting. 

Your research is correct. Scroll back a few pages and you'll see every 12th place Finals score of 85 or more is listed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Man, Twitter is being ruthless. I know we joke about DCP being hateful, but Twitter has had nothing but disrespect for BD. It almost seems worse than in 2015.

Same reason I'm staying off of the Reddit page for a while. I'm sure there's a lot of craziness over there as well.

• Like 2

1 hours ago, Taylor Levun-Chard said:

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

It's easier when you're walking.

Tell that to the Bluecoats! 8-5/ sitting and still couldn't win!

I’m glad I’m not the only one who notices that. I could listen to that musical program all day. I’m excited for when it’s released on iTunes, but I was bored watching! Drill was boring, easy, no velocity at all! They start off the drill great then start walking around and dance the rest of the show!

posted from the DrumScorps app

Just now, Chief Guns said:

Exact reason i stay off Twitter. Bunch of internet tough guys who don't have the ***** to say any of that garbage they spew to people's faces. Anyone can be tough hiding behind a computer screen.

Lots of people post on Twitter under their own name, though. The trick is to mostly ignore those who don't. (There are a few notable exceptions.)

Just now, Chief Guns said:

True.

If you wouldn't say something to someone's face, you shouldn't say it online.

It's all about having some class, imho.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Twitter has all the angsty teens. I wouldn't worry about it. Actually, if you have a twitter, pass this image on to them for me. Tell them it was from their favorite DCP giant rodent. 

9swbl76ciqf31.png?width=530&auto=webp&s=

• Haha 4