DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

4 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Great feedback. Thank you for your thoughtful analyses.

Well, it seems you're the pot...

I'm still waiting for a positive comment from you here that isn't covered in whining self-pity and snarky sarcasm.

Your team lost.  Move on.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, wilme861 said:

Jeff isn’t judging who is the best percussion of the entire season. He judged who was best TONIGHT! Were you down on that field in front of these lines to back up your words that SCV was obviously the best? Sorry if I side with one of the most, no I’ll go ahead and say THE MOST call it as they see it judge in DCI, who happens to know a thing or two about percussion...

And axes!

And FoxNews!

And lawsuits!

And...wait for it... fate.

4 hours ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

So all meetings before tonight wasn't an indicator which line was better? I mean get real, somehow all season long it wasn't even up for debate who had the best line. But tonight of all nights BD wins? Think what you want, SCVs line is superior and anyone with ears knows it. 

I have super-duper audio attenuated, battery-powered, surgically-enhanced hearing and, no, you're wrong.

BD drums were better tonight.

• Like 2

Its pretty easy to look back at all head to head meetings. Dci.org has all your answers. Now, since you want to call me out, find a show in 2019 head to head that BD beat SCV in drums besides tonght. Ill wait. 

Found one!

Tonight.  I know, I know.  You excluded tonight.  Like that makes any logical sense in DCI's scoring system.

You can go to bed now.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Easy, because they never beat them until tonight. So not sure the total head to head matchups, but when SCV drums go undefeated all year its pretty hard to debate another line being better. But miraculously tonight they lose. clearly there undefeated season up until tonight means nothing 

Clearly, this is the way drum corps scoring has been since, oh, I don't know, 1972.

I presume you're just upset and didn't just figure that out tonight.

(Over there?  Where?  Their clearly better when there judged that way on Saturday night.  They're, I feel better.)

Edited by garfield
much-deserved snarky sarcasm
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rylan said:

Sure, I’d be into this if they moved DCI Championships to California. Let’s see how many “Bloo”s you’d get then. 😉

15 yard penalty for using common sense, logic, and rational thought.

This is all one needs to know to realize how silly the "Applause-O-Meter" idea actually is.

• Like 2

:grrr:

Edited by jonwoody

6 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Incorrect. I'm proposing a fan app vote that accounts for 1-3 points and a caption award for "fan favorite".

Been tried and been hacked. It was tried a few years ago and the "secret code" given to the folks at the shows was, of course, leaked by one Corps to the world.  Their fans dutifully voted it fan favorite by quite a margin if I recall correctly. 

1 hour ago, garfield said:

They only needed to be better for 11 minutes last night.  Not all season.

Unless they've changed the "Build Up" score process to build up starting in June.

Yes, they were better.

They were better according to a couple of judges. By less than a tenth of a point, total. Just saying, scoring is and will always be subjective.