DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

Just now, skevinp said:

If DCI has a problem with it, I'm sure he would change if they asked him to.  He is a professional with long experience.  This obsession people have with "canning" others is disturbing.  

Personally, I have always liked it.  It adds energy and fits into the excitement of the atmosphere.  

I agree. Crocker adds personality to the announcements. When I hear the words "Performing their [insert year here] production, [show title here], Drum Corps International is proud to present..." I can only hear it in Crocker's voice. He is an icon.  

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Would be interesting to see what the World Championships would be like if they still used the averaged scores from all the regionals at Prelims and the scores achieved the previous night at Semis and Finals, but randomized the order in groups of 3 every night, just like the regionals do. Same goes for Open Class championships.

I know BOA does something kinda similar by announcing the finalists in random order without scores and then setting the lineup in groups of 5-7, depending on the number of finalists.

Yeah, let’s not announce scores and have a blind draw for performance order. 🤮

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

I watch hours of sports year round, except the No Basketball Allowed league, but very seldom does the viewer actually hear what players are saying to each other.  No, I don't consider those comments real smack talk Cappy.    No profanity, nothing about anyone's sex life, parents, relatives, girl/boy friends, etc.  Just the shock and surprises that BD didn't win the Z.  Maybe a judge or two might be upset that they were told on DCP that they suck.

But the quotes didn’t even say that. They all seemed to be right after performance (before scores) saying who they thought pulled it off. After, I saw nothing but congrats for BAC. What did you see?

4 minutes ago, Everyfan said:

Yeah, let’s not announce scores and have a blind draw for performance order. 🤮

Mind you, that's just a BOA thing. I wouldn't want DCI to do it either.

Just now, Everyfan said:

But the quotes didn’t even say that. They all seemed to be right after performance (before scores) saying who they thought pulled it off. After, I saw nothing but congrats for BAC. What did you see?

My confusion is that first he says there was a lot of smack talk and the post you quoted backtracks and says he doesn't consider any of the quoted posts to be smack talk. 

So which one is it?

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Better ... or different? Isn't this a year in which the Januals include consideration of rule changes? If so, an opportunity for DCI to shake up the system again. Maybe they'll require everyone to march trombones.

No -- they're gonna get rid of trombones, but leave the glissandos in.