DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

"Run Boy Run" just isn't very interesting music to my ears. I don't understand why two different corps have played it in the past several years.

This version is MUCH better than Cavies and fits the theme better as well, especially how its used in its more original form.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

Crossmen sound very good, but I wouldn't have an inkling of what their show was about if I didn't know the title.

I think Phantom is better tonight. Just my opinion. 

Ok, well here is Ride of the Valkries slightly inserted there in the music.

I think it will at least be closer than it was last night.

Really enjoyed Madarin's ballad. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't really noticed it before tonight. Haven't seen Mandarins as much as some other corps this season.

Restatement of the Truman Sleeps theme, but at full volume. Very intense.

• Like 2

Just now, Mookielove said:

Whoever arranges “Signal to Noise” first is going to have a monster number.

Oooh.  yes.  That has a lot of thematic possibilities too.

Heck he even makes Neil Young's "one note wonder" Philadelphia work by giving it harmonies and such.  

• Like 1

Building to the final fate of our cursed traveler. 

He is stabbed and thrown from the platform, hanging from a chord. He’s not dead, he’s just restin’. Beautiful plumage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

A lot of people are having issues tonight. Flo is aware and has said they’re working on it.

The issue may not be Flo per se, but one of the content delivery networks, like Level 3, which Flo’s traffic passes through. If your connection to Flo doesn’t go through that CDN, you may not see an issue, but because it’s not at Flo, it’s not something they can fix unless they can reroute the traffic, which is probably what they’re working on.

Feel like that is a bit of a cop out for/by Flo. I watch a lot of live streaming video and rarely if ever have an issue. If there is a problem with someone that Flo contracts with, then it is Flo's problem.

Mandarins were no fluke in 2018.  While their dark shows might not be for everyone, they’ve forged an incredible identity that is instantly recognizable, and I am in love with.   The colorguard, visual performance, and commitment to character is some of the best out there.   Keep improving musically?   They’ll be seeing some pretty high placements very soon. Unrelenting, intense, etc.  Please keep doing you. 

• Like 3