DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

10 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

Maybe if you post it enough it will happen!

Posted it again because first time was in middle of a lot of posts between corps.

1 minute ago, jeffmolnar said:

I could stomach the 720p if they just increased the bitrate. Like double it.

Absolutely this. Resolution matters a lot less than bitrate.

And they seem to barely be able to handle the current bitrate

1 minute ago, jeffmolnar said:

Yeah, it looks horrible on my 77" OLED. Speakers blaring white noise at reference levels too.

Nice that you have a 77" OLED.  That seems like the ultimate way to watch, short of the Blurays coming out in 4K.

What's the problem with your sound?  Is it from your TV?  I have a 3.2 Klipsch horn driven system with my computer which I built around the idea of listening to drum corps.  It sound good on my system, really good tonight.

8 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

No, that would be Morgan Freeman, hands down.

That could be nice too. I say we have both of them come in a do the voice overs.  Then we have BK come out and do their show two more times each to compare!

hehe.

• Like 2

Just now, jjeffeory said:

That could be nice too. I say we have both of them come in a do the voice overs.  Then we have BK come out and do their show two more times each to compare!

hehe.

Can we throw shatner in there too, just for the laughs?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Next on the field is the Boston Crusaders from Boston, Massachusetts. Here is their 2019 program information, courtesy of Drum Corps Xperience:

Goliath

Enough of Our Machines by Ryan Lott
Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Roland Orzabal | Ian Stanley | Chris Hughes
On the Shoulders of Giants by Peter Graham
Giant Steps by John Coltrane
My Shot by Lin-Manuel Miranda
Fanfare for Rocky by Bill Conti
Once Upon a Castle by Michael Daugherty

Just now, AlexL said:

Can we throw shatner in there too, just for the laughs?

That would be funny! Sure!

Alright. I don't know if I'm ready for these top 6. I'm nuts about each of these shows, and I don't want to see the season end!! BK & BS fu*ked me up enough with those magical last runs --- how the hell am I supposed to watch these top 6 end their seasons?? Ok. Whew. I've got some incredible bombers from my favorite brewery that I've been saving just for tonight. Time to break them out. Not that I need them at this point; I started well before Phantom.

Have incredible runs and just soak it all in tonight, kiddos. All of you have incredible shows to perform; just knock it out of the park one last time for all of us!

• Like 5

Interesting that Boston has started the past two seasons with their horns scattered over one section of the field.