DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

Guard drop up front during "My Shot".

And now for one of the best brass moments of the night. Herald trumpets and trombones on the Rocky Fanfare. Herald trumpets on top of the Plinko boards, trombones on the front sideline.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

Boston guard making some minor mistakes tonight. 

The margin with BD is razor thin, not good for BAC.

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Nice that you have a 77" OLED.  That seems like the ultimate way to watch, short of the Blurays coming out in 4K.

What's the problem with your sound?  Is it from your TV?  I have a 3.2 Klipsch horn driven system with my computer which I built around the idea of listening to drum corps.  It sound good on my system, really good tonight.

Sound is fine when corps are playing, but if I crank the speakers up to reference volume (as you do) there is “white noise,” indicative of poor audio compression. It’s worth it for the big hits. Most people probably wouldn’t even notice it. I’m just an A/V snob.

I like Klipsch myself. Use their RP line in the media room. 5.2 setup.

b0fdcf62-7caf-4be8-8upksx.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Musicman1084 said:

Think I just saw a drop (maybe two?). They can't afford another if they're after that Zingali!

There have been BD Zingali-winning years where people have commented on how many drops their guard had at Finals. Don't sweat it.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 3

Brief percussion feature before the brass comes back in on the My Shot/Rocky mashup.

The contrast in well done narration in one corps to not so well done narration in the next corps would've been a lot more jarring without the intermission

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Flo crashed again. At least I know how well Williams did at the bowling event now, as it has been drilled into me that he dominated.

• Like 1