DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

1 minute ago, Jeffe77 said:

Apparently the horn line has an onfield cheering section from the battery.

Yes, the tenors, who are behind the stage and not visible to the main part of the field, are rooting the horns on during the impact of Gabriel’s Oboe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Crowd is up on their feet for the company front!

CROWN!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, TerriTroop said:

If anyone caught the multi cam version during Gabriel's Oboe, the drumline behind the props hyping at the horns made me smile! That's what this is all about!

The kid on the end hyped his arms up at then then just covered his face with his hands.  Weeping.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Carolina Crown......your musical and athletic prowess this year is jaw dropping.  That opening note is.....woah.  And the rest of the show has grown on me exponentially since June.  Thematically it never did it for me, but in terms of pure marching and music excellence?   Good lord.  If they can tap into a theme and really execute it they’ll win again with the ability they have.  Again this year, I’m so glad to see the drumline as an asset rather than something people blame for them not doing better.   They’re bad #####.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Yeah I wouldn't mind that being the highest scoring 4th place show of all time, if that's how it ended up. Although Finis in 2008 was pretty good.

Edited by BoyWonder1911