DCA and YouTube

First, I'm not asking for links or anything, just commenting on the absence of DCA videos on YouTube. Does DCA actively go after the videos or do people just not shoot anything? I use them as an advertisement on whether I want to go see a show or not. With the lack of videos, I never get past "remote interest". Maybe that doesn't matter because DCA is a pretty niche event.

30 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

First, I'm not asking for links or anything, just commenting on the absence of DCA videos on YouTube. Does DCA actively go after the videos or do people just not shoot anything? I use them as an advertisement on whether I want to go see a show or not. With the lack of videos, I never get past "remote interest". Maybe that doesn't matter because DCA is a pretty niche event.

Combination of several things I think. Up until probably 4 years ago, it was easy to find videos of most corps at events throughout the season. Corps are posting less and less now and I truly don't think it has anything to do with DCA. They have never seemed to really actively seek out people videoing. I DO believe that certain corps (such as CV,) actively have posts taken down (especially of early season events.) I can't verify that and there's nothing on the member or alumni boards to support it...it's just a feeling. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Combination of several things I think. Up until probably 4 years ago, it was easy to find videos of most corps at events throughout the season. Corps are posting less and less now and I truly don't think it has anything to do with DCA. They have never seemed to really actively seek out people videoing. I DO believe that certain corps (such as CV,) actively have posts taken down (especially of early season events.) I can't verify that and there's nothing on the member or alumni boards to support it...it's just a feeling. 

Thanks for the insight

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cybersnyder said:

I know my corps keeps a pretty tight lid on video, also. While they may occasionally share some beats or a short passage using chunks that are original music on their public FB page, especially around early recruiting time, full show only ends up on the members-only page, and is not shareable.

Makes sense. We do everything right in terms of securing performance rights, and applying for sync rights, but you never know.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

I know my corps keeps a pretty tight lid on video, also. While they may occasionally share some beats or a short passage using chunks that are original music on their public FB page, especially around early recruiting time, full show only ends up on the members-only page, and is not shareable.

Makes sense. We do everything right in terms of securing performance rights, and applying for sync rights, but you never know.

Yep. You can almost always find videos of finals once the season is over. I think if the folks at DCA would do some more marketing and get some butts in seats, the corps would follow suit to keep the interest high. You'll usually find a #### ton of lot videos before prelims as well. It DID used to be different though. 

• Thanks 1

as DCA has no office staff, i am pretty sure it's left up to each corps to police it

On 8/10/2019 at 1:34 PM, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Yep. You can almost always find videos of finals once the season is over. I think if the folks at DCA would do some more marketing and get some butts in seats, the corps would follow suit to keep the interest high. You'll usually find a #### ton of lot videos before prelims as well. It DID used to be different though. 

Finals yes ... most will not want their early season products out there for public consumption because let’s face it...they are pretty darn dirty . 

Just now, camel lips said:

Finals yes ... most will not want their early season products out there for public consumption because let’s face it...they are pretty darn dirty . 

Exactly. I don't usually expect to see much until a few weeks before finals. 

On 8/10/2019 at 11:55 AM, cybersnyder said:

You will see the Directors cuts of many of the DCA shows pop up on Social media sometime within hours after DCA Finals . Usually with a note saying view it while you can or snag it while you can . Then it seems to just disappear into the woodwork .