Carolina Crown 2020

What about props...more or less? I'd be alright with some...as long as we know what they are...I could be wrong...but isn't 2013 the last time a corps won the title with no props...and Crown seems to place higher without a whole lot of them...2009, 2012, 2013, 2015...

3 hours ago, SimonSays said:

What about props...more or less? I'd be alright with some...as long as we know what they are...I could be wrong...but isn't 2013 the last time a corps won the title with no props...and Crown seems to place higher without a whole lot of them...2009, 2012, 2013, 2015...

When was the last time a finalist corps had no props?

23 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

More moments like that jaw-dropping company front near the end. That was orgasmic for everyone in the house and in homes around the nation. YES !

Here's what I want to see next year:  At the closer that awesome company front all the way down to the sideline. Then they march back pulling the Crown set out of the sideline.

And the crowd goes wild!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, SimonSays said:

They had minimal props in 2013:  the red bench and rolling bass drums.

Actually, I believe yours truly first championed that.

But  InCOG was like a brother this season, so it's all in the family 😊 

In re Crown to Crown, ala Star '91...

Edited by nsxanax
Syntax

11 hours ago, KakkoiiOtaku said:

This was Erin's first year, and the guard was on the younger side.  I know her, and know her work Ethic.  They were great this year and will be even better next year. 🙂

I absolutely loved what Erin brought to the corps this season. Better than anything we’ve had since Leon left. Give her a full season to recruit and design and I think we’re going to be very surprised at what she can do. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SimonSays said:

If you’re going to do props, have them professionally designed and produced like a majority of the corps are doing now, and go big or go home. Crown designed and built a majority of those hideous things themselves (every rehearsal I went to at GWU I had to dodge paint cans). It’s time that Crown stops trying to save a buck and actually follow the trends that are pushing the sport.

• Like 4

If the design team can make a show as good as they did this year, they’ll probably get fourth (or maybe worse) again. I loved this show to pieces, don’t get me wrong. But at the rate that corps have been improving over the past few years (I loved all but 2 of the shows in finals this year, and there were tons of corps that didn’t make finals that had awesome shows), Crown will need to step up their game if they want to medal (or hopefully win). 

While I’d love to see another show like Inferno or Relentless, I don’t think this design team would be able to pull it off. They need to go all in on what works for them: slightly abstract shows with insane marching and playing. If they picked a theme that was still abstract, but more relatable, I think they would have a very good shot at medaling. 

Here’s a theme idea I think would work:

Change: something about what it’s like to grow up and become something new. Everyone goes through that in their life, so pretty relatable. They could possibly relate it to the seasons as well. This would also be a kind of meta show, since Crown has been changing a lot lately. Also, maybe they could play Firebird? It’s been awhile since we’ve seen that on the field, and CrownBRASS could easily pull it off. It would kinda fit, since the Phoenix rises from the ashes and all that. 

• Like 1