Carolina Crown 2020

10 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

K, I quoted this post because I knew it would flag you...

I’ve been following that asinine back/forth on “Fav Ballad” today. I know you don’t need me, or anybody else for that matter, to come to your defense, but I thought that the blow-back you got from your initial comment was unwarranted. Because I have so much respect and regard for Terri S, as one of the most well spoken, reasoned voices on this forum, I let it go.

While we certainly have our share of hyperbolic, bomb throwers in CrownLAND, that never give quarter, you are perhaps one of the most thoughtful, measured contributors around here. Further, you don’t wear blinders during the course of a season and maintain a level of objectivity with regard to what, in your opinion, might be shortcomings or possible improvements, in a given program. 

My point: you’re probably the absolute, last regular contributor here in CrownLAND, that should have been labeled a “Crownie,” in such a disparaging way.

Think I’m gonna just stay, here, in the silo. I abhor group think and strive to keep an open mind, but when folks you have nothing but respect for start parcing your words for inflections and inferences, to find fault with your opinions, perhaps better to stay close to home.

It’s fine.  The wildlife on DCP doesn’t worry me.  I have found that using the ignore button makes life far more pleasant here.  If people are toxic, purge them from view. Life is better that way.  I have no time for those who willfully twist the obvious.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, karuna said:

It’s fine.  The wildlife on DCP doesn’t worry me.  I have found that using the ignore button makes life far more pleasant here.  If people are toxic, purge them from view. Life is better that way.  I have no time for those who willfully twist the obvious.  

I never knew the term Crownie was a bad thing. I thought it meant a Crown fan. That’s not bad. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCIKnowItAll said:

I hear people talking about a major player on the Brass staff stepping down, any truth to this chatter?!?

Happens every year. I will be shocked when it actually happens.

19 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I never knew the term Crownie was a bad thing. I thought it meant a Crown fan. That’s not bad. 

Agree entirely, as--at least around here--it's a moniker we wholeheartedly embrace.

At issue, was an ongoing exchange that Karuna had been having with another DCP'er, on another thread.

I in no way intended to assign a perjorative meaning to an appellation that is worn as a badge of honor by so many,🏆

Edited by nsxanax
Spelling
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, DCIKnowItAll said:

I hear people talking about a major player on the Brass staff stepping down, any truth to this chatter?!?

Okay. So back at the 2017 NightBEAT, the title of #1 Crown Fan was conferred upon me by none other than Doug Madar [original chair of NightBEAT and Crown Hall of Famer] himself. Yes, it was a bit of a goof, several year’s in the making, but I was presented with a wooden/cardboard scepter and it impressed the h@ll out of a couple of H.S. band students that were sharing a table with us.

Do not make me commit Hari-Kari with my most beloved Crown souvenir!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Okay. So back at the 2017 NightBEAT, the title of #1 Crown Fan was conferred upon me by none other than Doug Madar [original chair of NightBEAT and Crown Hall of Famer] himself. Yes, it was a bit of a goof, several year’s in the making, but I was presented with a wooden/cardboard scepter and it impressed the h@ll out of a couple of H.S. band students that were sharing a table with us.

Do not make me commit Hari-Kari with my most beloved Crown souvenir!!!!

Doug Madar is quite the imposing and orginal Crownie, and one of the original 8 founders of the corps.

• Like 1