Carolina Crown 2020

Tom Corkhill first offered at the Carolina Drum Corps Association meetings to name the new corps "Carolina Crown" as Crown City was the moniker used in Charlotte's history after its namesake Queen Charlotte.

Moe (Maureen) Smith has quietly but SO effectively been that energetic power behind the throne to make everything there work so smoothly these 30 years. She certainly deserves this.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/moe-smith-retirement-party-tickets-74865583977  

21 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Tom Corkhill first offered at the Carolina Drum Corps Association meetings to name the new corps "Carolina Crown" as Crown City was the moniker used in Charlotte's history after its namesake Queen Charlotte.

Moe (Maureen) Smith has quietly but SO effectively been that energetic power behind the throne to make everything there work so smoothly these 30 years. She certainly deserves this.

Interesting factoid. Geesh, how out of touch am I. I didn't even realize they'd been around for 30 years. 

17 hours ago, xandandl said:

I know they will still be 'around' but Moe and Kevin pretty much are Crown to me and always will be.  They're the best.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, karuna said:

I know they will still be 'around' but Moe and Kevin pretty much are Crown to me and always will be.  They're the best.

of course they are! (They got their upbringing on LI before the Carolinas!)

13 hours ago, karuna said:

wish this show would have been given a visual design worthy of the performers.  still one of my favorite horn books from TeamCream.  full brass entrance in ballad is just so tasty.

STILL one of my favorite Crown shows. Just. Excellent. 

• Like 2

On 10/29/2019 at 6:51 AM, karuna said:

(page 3 -- yikes! sorry CrownFans)

For your listening pleasure...

You posted this on my b-day, K🎂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if John Escalate is returning as the corps choreographer? I thought he did a good job in 2019 and a choreographer is mandatory in today's drum corps world.

4 hours ago, B-Flat said:

Does anyone know if John Escalate is returning as the corps choreographer? I thought he did a good job in 2019 and a choreographer is mandatory in today's drum corps world.

I agree -- his choreography was top notch.  Hope to see him returning to Crown!