Carolina Crown 2020

15 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

So, Pioneer won't get better every day?   :whistle: 

Not the corps I was referring to.

On 4/16/2020 at 10:59 AM, LabMaster said:

If you or anyone for that matter has any inkling as to any corps in particular who is more likely than not,  on the edge of not making it to 2021, please let the DCP community know so donations may be given, or critical support may be provided,  to a corps most in need.  Some corps undoubtedly need more help than others, please let them be known.

I agree with what you suggest, but I would add that corps would benefit by being specific about what financial assistance they need and why. Food banks are seeing a huge increase in applicants, churches have been closed for six weeks now and in most cases you’re looking at least another month of closure, hospitals are strapped, especially small local hospitals, and even if the economy “recovers” there will still be unemployment and this is just a partial list. Drum corps will have lots of competition for charitable contributions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2020 at 9:21 PM, Tim K said:

I agree with what you suggest, but I would add that corps would benefit by being specific about what financial assistance they need and why. Food banks are seeing a huge increase in applicants, churches have been closed for six weeks now and in most cases you’re looking at least another month of closure, hospitals are strapped, especially small local hospitals, and even if the economy “recovers” there will still be unemployment and this is just a partial list. Drum corps will have lots of competition for charitable contributions. 

I agree with what you suggest.  What I meant was directed to DCP’rs who may know specifically of a corps that is on the edge of demise.  Where any financial donation may help them through a lean fundraising time, maybe due to a previous annual event they cannot run this year.  Their window of fundraising opportunity may not be available to them this year and their reserves (f they have any) are low.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 1:55 PM, Newseditor44 said:

Here's some fun... a look at last year's April camp 

This is why I have to constantly remind myself not to judge camp videos too harshly. To the credit of the MMs and the staff, the finished product was much much more polished. Still cool seeing a show in its bare bones stage. Thanks for posting.