Carolina Crown 2020

13 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Carolina Crown Crickets?  Sounds tasty esp. with BBQ sauce Carolina style.

Depends on which side of the state line we’re talking about. Two totally different styles of BBQ. 

1 minute ago, crownisking said:

Depends on which side of the state line we’re talking about. Two totally different styles of BBQ. 

FT. Mill, SC vs. Nightbeat, Rainbeat, Cloudburst, and Wake Forest all N.C.  Now who has the split personality???

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

FT. Mill, SC vs. Nightbeat, Rainbeat, Cloudburst, and Wake Forest all N.C.  Now who has the split personality???

Crown’s first home show is still in SC. In fact, it’s so popular that I wonder why they haven’t moved it to a larger venue. FWIW, with the exception of a few power programs in the Raleigh area, SC is home to far more excellent band programs than NC. York County alone (Fort Mill) is home to FIVE band programs that have won state championships since 2000.  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, crownisking said:

Crown’s first home show is still in SC. In fact, it’s so popular that I wonder why they haven’t moved it to a larger venue. FWIW, with the exception of a few power programs in the Raleigh area, SC is home to far more excellent band programs than NC. York County alone (Fort Mill) is home to FIVE band programs that have won state championships since 2000.  

yes, I love the Duking (NC pun) it out between Chris Buck in Irmo and the Summerville guys (Ben Pouncey and Chad Pence) while all look to those Blazers at Ridge View, just to name a few drum corps schools liking Crown, Cadets, and DCI. 

16 minutes ago, xandandl said:

yes, I love the Duking (NC pun) it out between Chris Buck in Irmo and the Summerville guys (Ben Pouncey and Chad Pence) while all look to those Blazers at Ridge View, just to name a few drum corps schools liking Crown, Cadets, and DCI. 

Yeah Pouncey is the new BD at Ashley Ridge HS in Summerville if I’m not mistaken. I can’t wait to see what he does with that program. The school split from a very strong Summerville HS band program a little over a decade ago so his cupboard should be pretty full as far as talent is concerned.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 12:36 PM, karuna said:

Love the subtitle for ‘15’s show.

Others will staunchly disagree, but here in HomerLAND I believe Crownies will always believe Inferno was gold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Yes, many think Inferno got burnt.

Well played🥇

On 9/16/2019 at 9:53 PM, nsxanax said:

Love the subtitle for ‘15’s show.

Others will staunchly disagree, but here in HomerLAND I believe Crownies will always believe Inferno was gold.

I am by no means a homer of any corps but I will tell you that 2015 crown is gold !  The fact that a handful of judges didn’t think so is meaningless in my opinion 😁

• Thanks 1