Cadets 2020

Two rumors heard following DCI this weekend:

1. That everyone is gone from cadets..including current director.  (This doesn’t make much sense, but is what it is)  Bonfiglio taking over and bringing in new design staff.

2. Everyone gone with the exception of the Percussion staff.  This also has Aungst assuming corps director role.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, DCIKnowItAll said:

1. That everyone is gone from cadets..including current director.  (This doesn’t make much sense, but is what it is)  Bonfiglio taking over and bringing in new design staff.

2. Everyone gone with the exception of the Percussion staff.  This also has Aungst assuming corps director role.

Wow, that's crazy if true. I'm okay with that decision because it shows that they are aware changes need to be made. I would prefer option #2 because Aungst knows his stuff and why let go of the strongest part of the corps and essentially start over? 

I just hope Bonfiglio has a plan or already has a short list of candidates. Worst case scenario is the people Bonfiglio wants don't want to be part of the staff and we're back to square one. A very risky move that could pay off or put The Cadets in an even deeper spiral. 

For what it's worth, I also heard this rumor from someone I know fairly well and doesn't tend to spread rumors. It could be a rumor but there's certainly a lot of smoke at this point.

Edited by East9900
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, East9900 said:

Wow, that's crazy if true. I'm okay with that decision because it shows that they are aware changes need to be made. I would prefer option #2 because Aungst knows his stuff and why let go of the strongest part of the corps and essentially start over? 

I just hope Bonfiglio has a plan or already has a short list of candidates. Worst case scenario is the people Bonfiglio wants don't want to be part of the staff and we're back to square one. A very risky move that could pay off or put The Cadets in an even deeper spiral. 

For what it's worth, I also heard this rumor from someone I know fairly well and doesn't tend to spread rumors. It could be a rumor but there's certainly a lot of smoke at this point.

I would suspect that they must have gotten at the very least a positive response/Verbal Agreements from their desired staff replacements if they have already rumored to let everyone go. But I suspect once contracts are signed with the major signings, they will have the options to build their own staffs as they see fit and need to get everyone committed before the end of the month before making the announcements.. 

38 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

I would suspect that they must have gotten at the very least a positive response/Verbal Agreements from their desired staff replacements if they have already rumored to let everyone go. But I suspect once contracts are signed with the major signings, they will have the options to build their own staffs as they see fit and need to get everyone committed before the end of the month before making the announcements.. 

yup - that's how it would work!

On 8/13/2019 at 7:23 PM, DCIKnowItAll said:

I remember hearing when GH was still here that Tom was being groomed as the next Director.

Cadets aren’t the only corps that had a disappointing season. It happens to almost every corps eventually.

I’ve said this so many times but unless you have one of the truly incredible design staffs, choosing a tough show concept is going to doom you.  The DCI season and the realities of the summer simply don’t allow much room for a reset anymore. This was a bad show idea that was made worse by some equally bad design decisions. It happens.

I Hope Cadets don’t just clean house so they can say they cleaned house. Show running has been the weakest aspect of Cadets for quite some time now. Fix that and you can probably fix a lot of other things.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, jonwoody said:

I remember hearing when GH was still here that Tom was being groomed as the next Director.

If indeed true, why didn't Aungst become Director once GH was gone? He was with the corps at the time and they needed a director. That's the one thing that makes me a bit skeptical of the rumor that Aungst is going to be the next Director. 

As for Scott, I don't really know much about him. Why is he no longer the director? Was it intended to be temporary? 

Lastly, I would have no problems with Aungst as Director. When I was marching, I always had the feeling he was the #2 guy. He was usually running ensembles and certainly knows what he's talking about. He was a good guy based on the interactions I had with him. 

7 hours ago, East9900 said:

If indeed true, why didn't Aungst become Director once GH was gone? He was with the corps at the time and they needed a director. That's the one thing that makes me a bit skeptical of the rumor that Aungst is going to be the next Director. 

As for Scott, I don't really know much about him. Why is he no longer the director? Was it intended to be temporary? 

Lastly, I would have no problems with Aungst as Director. When I was marching, I always had the feeling he was the #2 guy. He was usually running ensembles and certainly knows what he's talking about. He was a good guy based on the interactions I had with him. 

A director needs to be there for all of spring training. Aungst still has a day job

AND the Pioneers are off the field for all time and cannot get some parades anymore; I know, life is a ##### but this is not right; the Cadets have 2 pedophile cases now

https://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/parent-cadets-drum-and-bugle-corps-didn-t-do-enough-after-alleged-sexual-assault/1093515266

20 hours ago, jonwoody said:

In fact, George said publicly that Tom was the only one Hopkins would pass the corps on to.