Cadets 2020

16 minutes ago, donschofield said:

AND the Pioneers are off the field for all time and cannot get some parades anymore; I know, life is a ##### but this is not right; the Cadets have 2 pedophile cases now

https://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/parent-cadets-drum-and-bugle-corps-didn-t-do-enough-after-alleged-sexual-assault/1093515266

Good news - Pioneer had a SoundSport team and Roman Blenski was at finals, welcomed by the powers that be! /sarcasm

I don't know how this Cadets case will play out, but it needs to be taken extremely seriously

• Thanks 1

"  Pioneer had a SoundSport team  "  also called  the Inbhear Mor Performance Ensemble - Arklow, Co. Wicklow, Ireland

41 minutes ago, donschofield said:

AND the Pioneers are off the field for all time and cannot get some parades anymore; I know, life is a ##### but this is not right; the Cadets have 2 pedophile cases now

https://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/parent-cadets-drum-and-bugle-corps-didn-t-do-enough-after-alleged-sexual-assault/1093515266

That article is a month old and isn't about a pedophile

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, East9900 said:

If indeed true, why didn't Aungst become Director once GH was gone? He was with the corps at the time and they needed a director. That's the one thing that makes me a bit skeptical of the rumor that Aungst is going to be the next Director. 

As for Scott, I don't really know much about him. Why is he no longer the director? Was it intended to be temporary? 

Lastly, I would have no problems with Aungst as Director. When I was marching, I always had the feeling he was the #2 guy. He was usually running ensembles and certainly knows what he's talking about. He was a good guy based on the interactions I had with him. 

Maybe Tom was not offered the directors chair because he was considered the #2 guy and people were in a panic to distance  themselves from GH as soon as possible IMO.

None of the rumored changes have actually happened yet, correct? Or did I miss something?

3 hours ago, donschofield said:

Well when you ignore what DCI says you need to do to protect your members... whadda ya expect? At least I don’t remember anyone in Cadets saying they got rid of someone who was on Meagan’s list because “it’s what society expected us to do” instead of “it was the right thing to do”.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

I have a couple buddies with PTSD and they have a hard time functioning on a daily basis. I am wondering if the child was so affected as their parent says then how did he go right out and audition and march with Blue Knights with no major issues?? This still smells like a money grab lawsuit to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Re Pioneer is everyone forgetting they were given an ultimatum to remove family members from the board and they essentially thumbed their nose at DCI 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Wow 

a lot of misinformation and rumors being posted here 

My remarks are based on the info from several articles. IMO the whole thing stinks.