Cadets 2020

4 hours ago, donschofield said:

AND the Pioneers are off the field for all time and cannot get some parades anymore; I know, life is a ##### but this is not right; the Cadets have 2 pedophile cases now

https://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/parent-cadets-drum-and-bugle-corps-didn-t-do-enough-after-alleged-sexual-assault/1093515266

Actually, no they do not. The new reported incident is actions between two minors, not an adult and a minor. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, MikeD said:

Actually, no they do not. The new reported incident is actions between two minors, not an adult and a minor. 

THANK YOU.

1 hour ago, jonwoody said:

Maybe Tom was not offered the directors chair because he was considered the #2 guy and people were in a panic to distance  themselves from GH as soon as possible IMO.

I've seen a couple of comments like this, but doesn't TA already have a day job at Dartmouth? I had thought that "Corps Director" was a position mostly about managing the staff/volunteers and getting the corps down the road. It seems like it'd be hard for him to do both.

TA seems like he belongs on the artistic/design staff, maybe even "Artistic Director" or "Music Director" if they want to go that way.

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Re Pioneer is everyone forgetting they were given an ultimatum to remove family members from the board and they essentially thumbed their nose at DCI 

Pretty much. They told DCI to stick it and DCI did the same. I have no idea why they'd be allowed to participate in any DCI-sanctioned events at this point. But this is a Cadets thread, so...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ShortAndFast said:

I've seen a couple of comments like this, but doesn't TA already have a day job at Dartmouth? I had thought that "Corps Director" was a position mostly about managing the staff/volunteers and getting the corps down the road. It seems like it'd be hard for him to do both.

TA seems like he belongs on the artistic/design staff, maybe even "Artistic Director" or "Music Director" if they want to go that way.

Who was responsible for "Do Better"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jonwoody said:

Who was responsible for "Do Better"

Whoever did is getting awarded "Most Ironic Designer" of 2019 

• Haha 7

i am expecting some changes, but not for the reasons many muckrackers are trying to insinuate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1